Can't request records or move records out

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
BGColton

Can't request records or move records out

Post by BGColton »

When the change was made to LCR, we can no longer request records or move records out of our ward from MLS. That is fine, but when we go online we are restricted, only our bishop is able to move records out or request records. Is this new policy, or should bishopric members and clerks be able to do this? It sure would be nice to take that burden off of our bishop and take care of this record keeping as clerks and counselors.
Thank You
Brigham Colton
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't request records or move records out

Post by russellhltn »

BGColton wrote:When the change was made to LCR, we can no longer request records or move records out of our ward from MLS. That is fine, but when we go online we are restricted, only our bishop is able to move records out or request records. Is this new policy, or should bishopric members and clerks be able to do this? It sure would be nice to take that burden off of our bishop and take care of this record keeping as clerks and counselors.
Bishop, Ward Clerk, and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership should be able to do it. Counselors and Executive Secretary - no.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BGColton

Post by BGColton »

Ok, thank you.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
BGColton wrote:When the change was made to LCR, we can no longer request records or move records out of our ward from MLS. That is fine, but when we go online we are restricted, only our bishop is able to move records out or request records. Is this new policy, or should bishopric members and clerks be able to do this? It sure would be nice to take that burden off of our bishop and take care of this record keeping as clerks and counselors.
Bishop, Ward Clerk, and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership should be able to do it. Counselors and Executive Secretary - no.
Add Assistant Ward Clerk to that list of who can (but not Assistant Ward Clerk - Finance).
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote: Bishop, Ward Clerk, and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership should be able to do it. Counselors and Executive Secretary - no.
Also an Assistant Ward Clerk, but not the Finance Clerk.

Information gleaned from the Access Table in LCR.
ssn0646

Post by ssn0646 »

I have a deceased member. How can I remove the name from our membership rolls? The system seems to stall when I request the move out...
Len Davey,
Clerk, Alpena Branch
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ssn0646 wrote:I have a deceased member. How can I remove the name from our membership rolls? The system seems to stall when I request the move out...
You need to record the death in MLS. When you record the death it will automatically remove the record from your unit.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ssn0646 wrote:I have a deceased member. How can I remove the name from our membership rolls? The system seems to stall when I request the move out...
Len Davey,
Clerk, Alpena Branch
Apologies, Brother Davey, but I found myself wondering what forwarding address you were trying to use in this instance... ;)
salowrey

Post by salowrey »

LCR has created some major limitations in our stakes ability to assigned a new Branch President. I ran into this issue when the only active Leader is a first counselor. We can not transfer in records of the new branch president . The previous branch president has moved out of the branch and now we are stuck. Can't do any donations records as well. The branch presidency needs to be able to act as clerks when there is not one available or they need to give the stake clerks the ability to override records for units that don't have a functional presidency. Also LCR is not very functional in areas that don't have reliable internet service. I wish they consider us units that don't have the same luxuries as Salt Lake City wards. They need to re-enable MLS for us rural branches and wards.. we have rely on the dial up to transmit reports when the dsl is not working...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

salowrey wrote:LCR has created some major limitations in our stakes ability to assigned a new Branch President. I ran into this issue when the only active Leader is a first counselor. We can not transfer in records of the new branch president . The previous branch president has moved out of the branch and now we are stuck.
I'd suggest adding the new Branch President as a out-of-unit person. I think you can do that by inputting his MRN when it asks for who should be the new Branch President. Once he's in as President, then can request his records.

salowrey wrote:The branch presidency needs to be able to act as clerks when there is not one available
If you have no clerk, I'd suggest you talk to the stake about having a double-calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”