Incorrect Divorce Date

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dwilde1080p

Incorrect Divorce Date

Post by dwilde1080p »

I just found out that an incorrect divorce date was entered for a member of our ward. I can't seem to figure out a way to go back and correct it. Is there a way to go back and view old divorce records to update it or should I just not worry about it?
eblood66

Re: Incorrect Divorce Date

Post by eblood66 »

dwilde1080p wrote:I just found out that an incorrect divorce date was entered for a member of our ward. I can't seem to figure out a way to go back and correct it. Is there a way to go back and view old divorce records to update it or should I just not worry about it?
I think you'd have to use the Special Request feature in MLS to ask CHQ to make that change. Once the marriage is terminated it doesn't show up in MLS anymore so there is no way for you to edit any related information.
dwilde1080p

Post by dwilde1080p »

Thanks!
ccontrerasward

Post by ccontrerasward »

I have a similar situation. A member of my ward came to me saying that he is almost sure his divorce date was recorded incorrectly looks like he realized after a conversation with the Stake President. I can't find a way to look it up and confirm if the date is correct or not. How can I retrieve it ? Can the MLS administrator see it ? I don't want to send a special request if the date is recorded correctly.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ccontrerasward wrote:I have a similar situation. A member of my ward came to me saying that he is almost sure his divorce date was recorded incorrectly looks like he realized after a conversation with the Stake President. I can't find a way to look it up and confirm if the date is correct or not. How can I retrieve it ? Can the MLS administrator see it ? I don't want to send a special request if the date is recorded correctly.
No, that information is not available to local units. The only way to check is to contact Local Unit Support.

Return to “Membership Help”