Member missing from MLS but shows in LDS Tools

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
willardgmoore

Member missing from MLS but shows in LDS Tools

Post by willardgmoore »

I have just been called to be the executive secretary, and my membership shows to be in the ward per ldstools and online. We tried to request my membership again and it shows that I'm in the ward. However, when we try to add me to the calling, it doesn't show me in the list of members in the ward. We are on MLS 3.8.1. I'm not sure if there's a newer version and/or how we would update to it. Any other thoughts that might help me get my membership to show in MLS would be appreciated.
-Willard Moore
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member missing from MLS but shows in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

Placing members into a calling is done on-line now.

But if you're not showing up in MLS, you might have the clerk do a Unit Data Refresh.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
willardgmoore

Post by willardgmoore »

So I just need someone to put me in as executive secretary online then? Is that going to help at all with getting MLS to start showing me in there records? Will that even matter since everything is so online based now?
-Willard Moore
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

willardgmoore wrote:So I just need someone to put me in as executive secretary online then? Is that going to help at all with getting MLS to start showing me in there records? Will that even matter since everything is so online based now?
Yes, you need to be placed in the calling online by a bishopric member or a clerk. But no, it probably won't affect whether you show up in MLS. As russelhltn said, a Unit Data Refresh should fix that.

If your record doesn't show up at all in MLS then any donations you make through your ward (rather than online) may not be tied to your membership number which could cause problems at the end of the year. So you probably do want to make sure you show up.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It sounds as if there are two different things going on here.

First, your calling needs to be entered as a standard calling online using LCR. Callings are no longer managed in MLS.

Second, if your membership record is not showing in MLS, but is online in the directory, you should follow the Unit Refresh instructions russellhltn mentioned.

Your clerk should be able to complete both of these actions.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”