New Gospel Library not Displaying Correctly

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

delacruzfap

New Gospel Library not Displaying Correctly

Post by delacruzfap »

wp_ss_20150901_0001.png
(221.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150904_0001.png
(188.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150904_0002.png
(195.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150901_0002.png
(139.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hi,

I really like the new updated Gospel Library for Windows Phone! It has the very clean interface I am hoping back then.

There is just a small thing that needs fixing. On the home screen, it does not display all the icons. There is like a blank space at the top that is blocking it. I still need to swipe down to see all the icons. And also when I swipe down it goes back up when I release. It's like its I've reached the topmost end of the page already.

Attached are screenshots of the Gospel Library home screen and other places inside the Gospel Library that I'm seeing and the make and model of my phone for your reference.

What I have tried so far to troubleshoot are:
• tried uninstalling then reinstalling the Gospel Library a couple times. I power cycled the phone between those tries just to make sure the phone is refreshed. I saw to it that the installation is complete and has no issues
• also tried to remove the battery for a complete refresh but still the issue persists
• tried to reset/refresh the OS of the phone 3 times:
1st – reset then restoring the back up that I did,
2nd – reset without restoring the backup,
3rd – reset and then using a different Microsoft account

Any ideas what's going on or further troubleshooting that might fix this issue?

Thank you very much for your assistance. Hoping for your positive response.

Best regards,

Frank
ToManyLetters

Re: New Gospel Library not Displaying Correctly

Post by ToManyLetters »

Ah, the Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe. We've seen this issue with this model before. Interesting. Some of the larger phones are showing symptoms of this, but we have been unable to reproduce this issue ourselves.
Last edited by ToManyLetters on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

How is the app behaving for you when you turn your phone on its side?
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
delacruzfap

Post by delacruzfap »

ToManyLetters wrote:Ah, the Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe. We've seen this issue with this model before. Interesting. Some of the larger phones are showing symptoms of this, but we have been unable to reproduce this issue ourselves.
ToManyLetters wrote:How is the app behaving for you when you turn your phone on its side?
Thanks ToManyLetters for the reply because I was told that the issue I am experiencing is isolated but it seems there are others who encountered the same although it has not been replicated on your end. Yeah I guess this has something to do with the HD display phones resolution.

Anyways, with the latest update v 2.15.9.120 the Home Screen looks a lot better now (bigger tiles) this time but still has the issue somehow. Interestingly also with the new update, when I turn the phone on its side, it displays correctly now. Before the update, even on its side, it still has the issue. So I guess this is a very good development. I've attached updated screenshots also.

Please do advise. Thank you very much again for your time and assistance.
Attachments
wp_ss_20150914_0001.png
(416.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150914_0002 1.png
(515.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150914_0003 1.png
(182.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wp_ss_20150914_0004 1.png
(138.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”