Online Calendar not loading-functioning

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ELHawkes

Online Calendar not loading-functioning

Post by ELHawkes »

For the past 6 weeks, no one has been able to get the online calendar at lds.org to load in our stake. It gets to the spinning spindle wheel and stops. In IE, a message pops up saying "lds.org is not responding due to a long-running script" there is a button to Stop the script and if you do it will load the current month. But if you go to a different month it is blank and if you go back, it is blank. In Chrome, when the spinning spindle wheel stops while the calendar is trying to load, you can't do anything else except close the window. :?

Is anyone else experiencing online calendar access issues?
I have been told by our stake clerk and stake pres. that the calendar app is supported by a group of volunteers, who really supports the online calendar at lds.org?
What is the best way to get support when the calendar doesn't work at all and to get it working again?
Thanks a bunch in advance.
Larry
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Online Calendar not loading-functioning

Post by jonesrk »

It is working for me. I don't have every calendar selected on the left side. You might try changing those to see if you can get something to load.

There is a developer who supports calendar, but he also supports directory and I believe some others.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

jonesrk wrote:It is working for me. I don't have every calendar selected on the left side. You might try changing those to see if you can get something to load.
That sounds right to me. The stake may have a corrupted event on one of its calendars. Just turn off all calendars, and then turn on one at a time until you find the culprit.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

drepouille wrote:
jonesrk wrote:It is working for me. I don't have every calendar selected on the left side. You might try changing those to see if you can get something to load.
That sounds right to me. The stake may have a corrupted event on one of its calendars. Just turn off all calendars, and then turn on one at a time until you find the culprit.
Those are great suggestions, and that did work. There two particular calendars (yes they happen to be stake calendars) that if they are not checked, then everything works fine. :) :P 8-)

Do you happen to know how to delete a corrupt event if you can't get into the calendar with the culprit calendars enabled/checked?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ELHawkes wrote:
Do you happen to know how to delete a corrupt event if you can't get into the calendar with the culprit calendars enabled/checked?
Does it work if that is the only calendar you have checked?

You could also try just checking a building to see if you can find the problem one that way.

If you truly have a corrupt event you may have to have Local Unit Support escalate it to the developer to fix the event.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

jonesrk wrote:
ELHawkes wrote:
Does it work if that is the only calendar you have checked?

You could also try just checking a building to see if you can find the problem one that way.

If you truly have a corrupt event you may have to have Local Unit Support escalate it to the developer to fix the event.
Thanks again for these suggestions, I'll send this info to the stake clerk and have them give it a try. At least most of the rest of the calendar works now. :P
Larry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:If you truly have a corrupt event you may have to have Local Unit Support escalate it to the developer to fix the event.
It's probably best if you have a stake clerk or stake priesthood leader call.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:If you truly have a corrupt event you may have to have Local Unit Support escalate it to the developer to fix the event.
It's probably best if you have a stake clerk or stake priesthood leader call.
Sounds good, will do.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, we have been seeing some issolated cases similar to this. We would be very interested if this can be narrowed down to a particular calendar that we could take a close look at.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager
wise_justin

Post by wise_justin »

We seem to be having the same or similar issue. I have tried deselecting all stake, ward, and churchwide calendars then adding back in one at a time. Nothing shows up.

Return to “Calendar”