Trouble adding a bank

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
philip_nelson

Trouble adding a bank

Post by philip_nelson »

I'm not a clerk, but this is the best place I could find to ask this question. I have tried adding a couple different banks to set up my own online donations over the last several days, with various browsers, various accounts, at different times of day, with proxy servers on and off. I haven't been able to get it to work. Is there a resource for members to call, or is this a system-wide glitch? Any comments or help would be welcome.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Trouble adding a bank

Post by russellhltn »

philip_nelson wrote:I have tried adding a couple different banks to set up my own online donations over the last several days, with various browsers, various accounts, at different times of day, with proxy servers on and off. I haven't been able to get it to work.
I'm not sure, but the system may not like having a bank in another country from where your home ward is located. Especially if the two use different currencies.

philip_nelson wrote:Is there a resource for members to call,
Not that has been indicated. You might try to work with your ward clerk. He can call CHQ if needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

One item to check is the bank routing number. I have one financial institution that has multiple routing numbers. The one on my checks is different from the one used for electronic transactions/transfers. The routing number for electronic transactions/transfers is the one I had to use to make online donations. The one on my checks fails.

I never really had to enter the bank name in the system. Once the routing number was entered the bank name was automatically displayed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
philip_nelson

Post by philip_nelson »

The bank names automatically appear, so that doesn't appear to be the issue. I like the idea to check for a special EFT routing number, though. Thank you for the replies and thoughts!
kinleysusettea

Post by kinleysusettea »

The system wont take my routing number? I tried on my cell and on home computer? any ideas why this isn't working
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kinleysusettea wrote:The system wont take my routing number? I tried on my cell and on home computer? any ideas why this isn't working
Is the bank in the same country as your membership record?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”