Mission call dates?

Discussions about other Church websites
zaneclark

Mission call dates?

Post by zaneclark »

Is there some place other than the Missionary site where the dates of the mission are listed? I have found the list in LDS Tools of the missionaries and their mission area, but not the dates of departure and return. I found the ward listing with dates but I need the dates for all the missionaries from the stake.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Mission call dates?

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Is there some place other than the Missionary site where the dates of the mission are listed? I have found the list in LDS Tools of the missionaries and their mission area, but not the dates of departure and return.
No. If you really need that information, and if the stake president thinks it's appropriate for you to have it, then the stake clerk could gather that for you.
zaneclark wrote:I found the ward listing with dates but I need the dates for all the missionaries from the stake.
I'm guessing this listing you're talking about the Full-time Missionaries list under "Organizations" in Leader and Clerk Resources. Note that this information is for use by leaders. All information in LCR is restricted by calling, so unless you have an appropriate stake calling, you won't see stake-wide information in LCR. The Church is careful to limit visibility of information to those with a need to know.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Back story: Our ward has recently been moved into an adjoining stake. In our previous stake, I had kept up a missionary photo board in the stake offices for several years, getting the information on mission area and
dates from the mission web site. The stake president in our new stake has said he would like me to do the same here although I haven't yet been given a specific calling or assignment to do this. In the meantime, I am just investigating what calling or access I will need to do a photo board for this stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:The stake president in our new stake has said he would like me to do the same here although I haven't yet been given a specific calling or assignment to do this. In the meantime, I am just investigating what calling or access I will need to do a photo board for this stake.
I'm guessing assistant stake clerk. But that gives quite a bit of power. He may decide to have the stake clerk get the information for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Back story: Our ward has recently been moved into an adjoining stake. In our previous stake, I had kept up a missionary photo board in the stake offices for several years, getting the information on mission area and dates from the mission web site. The stake president in our new stake has said he would like me to do the same here although I haven't yet been given a specific calling or assignment to do this. In the meantime, I am just investigating what calling or access I will need to do a photo board for this stake.
If the stake president is willing to give you access to the Missionary Online Recommendation System site, then you'll have all the access you need to see missionary departure and return dates for the whole stake. And you don't actually have to be a clerk to have access to that site. The stake president uses a feature that is described as "Add or Remove Clerk Access" but the stake president can designate any stake member to have that access. I'm not sure what you mean by "mission web site"; if you're referring to MORS, then in your new stake you would simply need to be set up in MORS just like you were in your previous stake.

This post has some details about the process.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Actually, I think the missionary recommendation system is your only option...our assistant stake clerk reported he could not see the call and return dates for the missionaries from the stake in LCR...there is no STAKE full-time missionaries listing, as one might suspect...it only shows in the Ward LCR for Ward leaders.
Or, you call each ward and ask them to look it up in LCR for you.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kisaac wrote:Actually, I think the missionary recommendation system is your only option...our assistant stake clerk reported he could not see the call and return dates for the missionaries from the stake in LCR...there is no STAKE full-time missionaries listing, as one might suspect...it only shows in the Ward LCR for Ward leaders.
Or, you call each ward and ask them to look it up in LCR for you.
For stake leaders in LCR under Organizations then Full-time Missionaries, I can see all the missionaries that our out from our stake. I can't see those that are getting ready to go.

Return to “Other Websites”