Unable to assign an Elder to High Priest HT district supervisor

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
meyercincy

Unable to assign an Elder to High Priest HT district supervisor

Post by meyercincy »

I'm the ward clerk and we are trying to assign 3 members that are Elders but go to High Priest as High Priest Home Teaching District supervisors and I am unable to unless I make a custom calling. When I do make a custom calling I'm unable to assign them to a district what can I do to fix this problem
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to assign an Elder to High Priest HT district supervisor

Post by lajackson »

meyercincy wrote:I'm the ward clerk and we are trying to assign 3 members that are Elders but go to High Priest as High Priest Home Teaching District supervisors
I do not believe you will be able to do this in LCR because they are not ordained high priests.
mevans

Post by mevans »

See this thread for additional information about what the handbook says and a related discussion.
bradleyedwards

Using Elders as HP HT District Supervisors

Post by bradleyedwards »

We have several ordained Elders who are assigned to the HP class. I would like to use one as a HP HT District Supervisor but it will only let me select an Ordained HP.

I think that filter should be modified top use any one assigned to the HP.

The HP Instructor does not have the same filter. You can assign anyone who is assigned to the HP.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: The previous post was merged into this thread because the topics are the same. The discussion in this thread will assist in understanding the issue. Note the link to another thread in this post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Using Elders as HP HT District Supervisors

Post by scgallafent »

bradleyedwards wrote:We have several ordained Elders who are assigned to the HP class. I would like to use one as a HP HT District Supervisor but it will only let me select an Ordained HP.
This is by design.
bradleyedwards wrote:The HP Instructor does not have the same filter. You can assign anyone who is assigned to the HP.
We'll look into this. According to Handbook 2, "the high priests group leader or one of his assistants calls and sets apart one or more high priests to serve as high priests group instructors." (Handbook 2, 7.3.4e)
mfmohlma

Re: Using Elders as HP HT District Supervisors

Post by mfmohlma »

bradleyedwards wrote:The HP Instructor does not have the same filter. You can assign anyone who is assigned to the HP.
Are you sure? I wasn't able to do this recently.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”