Out-of-unit leaders in custom callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Out-of-unit leaders in custom callings

Post by sbradshaw »

When out-of-unit members were created and given callings in MLS, they were not able to access the LDS.org tools (directory, etc.) for their service stake unless they were put into a standard calling.

Now that out-of-unit members are created and given callings in Leader and Clerk Resources, can out-of-unit leaders in custom callings access the LDS.org tools for the service stake?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out-of-unit leaders in custom callings

Post by russellhltn »

Good question. It's possible that out of unit members will have access, but custom callings will never grant leader access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I doubt that changing the creation source of the callings will matter. The out of unit member record might, but I don't think it will at this time.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Out-of-unit leaders didn't used to show on rolls, etc. on LDS.org but now they do, so I figured there might be a change. Maybe a Leader and Clerk Resources developer will be able to chime in at some point...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sbradshaw wrote:Out-of-unit leaders didn't used to show on rolls, etc. on LDS.org but now they do, so I figured there might be a change. Maybe a Leader and Clerk Resources developer will be able to chime in at some point...
Part of that is that LCR is currently going directly to the CMIS db which supports out of unit members now, but LDS Tools goes through a service that doesn't yet use the out of unit members, so that is why I don't think things will have changed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”