Is it possible to restrict a ward member from using LDS Tools?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
braysi

Is it possible to restrict a ward member from using LDS Tools?

Post by braysi »

I had a bishop contact me today to ask if it's possible to restrict a member of his ward from seeing contact details of other members in the ward who have chosen to share their details. I believe this member has been using the information for "mischief making" to put it a kindly way. Is this possible, or could this be done by a special request? If possible, can anyone share, or if a phone call to the GSC needs to be made to request it, who could make that phone call - would it need to be the bishop or stake president, or could the STS do that?
eblood66

Re: Is it possible to restrict a ward member from using LDS Tools?

Post by eblood66 »

As similar question has been asked before but there was no resolution reported. You'd probably need to contact GSC to find out. Although they would probably tell the STS whether such an option was available, I think that the bishop or stake president would have to call to actually make the request.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The old system had a way to lock out members. I'd think the new system has that feature, but it may be under the control of CHQ rather than the website administrator as it was in the old LUWS system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

They could lock the LDS Account, but I don't know if they can be more granular than that.

Return to “Member Tools”