Bishop letter for Baptism Interview

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Eric-p40

Bishop letter for Baptism Interview

Post by Eric-p40 »

Is there a standard letter that is used when a 8 year old is being baptized in another area showing that they received their Bishop interview? We can type one, but didn't know if there was a standard format to use.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I've never heard of such a letter, and this would only apply to children of record that turned 8, as anyone over 8 (9 or older) goes through the mission regardless.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Eric wrote:Is there a standard letter that is used when a 8 year old is being baptized in another area showing that they received their Bishop interview? We can type one, but didn't know if there was a standard format to use.
I would just fill out the baptism record form, have the bishop sign it, and send it. That shows that the interview was completed. When the child is baptized, they can fill in the rest of the form and send it back to the home ward to update the record.

And if the person doing the baptism is also going out of the area, make sure he takes his recommend with him, either temple recommend or recommend to perform an ordinance.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

There is a form booklet (similar to at patriarchal blessing recommend but smaller) that the bishop has that can be filled out and the ordinance to be performed identified. I would recommend the bishop putting his phone number on it as well if there are any questions.
Troy

Return to “General Discussions”