Released Missionaries in Online Donations drop down list

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
falcon771

Released Missionaries in Online Donations drop down list

Post by falcon771 »

Does anyone know the reason why some returned missionaries show in the Ward Missionary drop down list in the online donations form? We have several throughout the stake, some returned for years that are showing. I have a suspicion, but I cannot confirm it until I check each wards' MLS. I think that any missionary with an outstanding balance is still in the list. Thoughts?
mfmohlma

Re: Released Missionaries in Online Donations drop down list

Post by mfmohlma »

We have a couple in our ward in the same situation. I will have to do the same check, but I would guess your suspicion is correct.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your suspicion is correct. If you clear out their balance they will go away. I'm not sure how long it takes for them to go away, but our ward clerk is working on two of those right now, so I may get a better idea soon.
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

I have been told (and have observed) that the missionaries disappear from the CUBS report 60 days after the account is at zero.

William Woodford
Stake Clerk
Fayetteville North Carolina West Stake
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wwoodford wrote:I have been told (and have observed) that the missionaries disappear from the CUBS report 60 days after the account is at zero.
This has been my experience. The account at zero balance appears on two more monthly statements and then is gone.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”