I'm just trying to find the input fields for online donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
repeal17thamendment

I'm just trying to find the input fields for online donations

Post by repeal17thamendment »

I would just like to be able to find the donation fields. Sheesh, I see walls of text explaining how to use online donations, but no donation slip/input fields and NO LINK to wherever these are hidden. Yes I'm logged in and yes I'm at "online donations." I even tried finding it at "ldsaccount"

It doesn't matter whether I'm here: https://www.lds.org/help/support/financ ... ng-Started

or here: https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation

I'm getting no donation slip/input fields. They have it extra hidden for some reason.

I'm just using a desktop computer with the latest firefox browser.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: I'm just trying to find the input fields for online donations

Post by aebrown »

repeal17thamendment wrote:... no donation slip/input fields and NO LINK to wherever these are hidden. Yes I'm logged in and yes I'm at "online donations." I even tried finding it at "ldsaccount"

It doesn't matter whether I'm here: https://www.lds.org/help/support/financ ... ng-Started

or here: https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation
I know that you said that you are at "online donations" and provided a link, but that's a help page, not the actual Donations page. The donations page can be visited directly at https://www.lds.org/donations/, or you can sign in to LDS.org and choose Donations from the "My Account and Ward" menu.

Here's an image. Use the Donations option circled in green.
Donations.png
(34.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sometimes I get to the Donations page and don't see the donation slip (this happens in particular if I'm already on one of the Donations pages and then I choose the Donations option from the menu). If you ever get in that situation, just click on the "Make a Donation" link on the left (circled in red in my screen shot) and you should see the donation slip appear.

P.S. You made your post in two different places, but I removed the duplicate post. Please follow the Code of Conduct and "Do not post the same material in multiple threads."
repeal17thamendment

Post by repeal17thamendment »

Thank you for the help and for helping to expose that a link needs to be placed in the help section OR the accounts section (seriously why is there no link at either location?).

Oh come on, you're kidding me. You're hitting me with a "code of conduct" violation for saying the same thing in a thread where people were talking about how to pay online? That's petty. I wondered why it disappeared. I was confused about why it's so difficult to find the donations page so at first I put it in a thread then I decided it needed it's own thread. There was no reason to remove that helpful post. So it's not allowed to say the same thing twice in two threads?! WOW that's petty. You're just discouraging people from using this forum. I wonder if I'm breaking the "code of conduct" by being disgusted at the pettiness of that rule and removing my post (which probably helped people).

If speaking and having feelings is a "code of conduct" violation then people won't want to come here and you'll always be doling out discipline. It chills open suggestion making.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

repeal17thamendment wrote:Thank you for the help and for helping to expose that a link needs to be placed in the help section OR the accounts section (seriously why is there no link at either location?).
I'll admit it would probably be a good idea to have a link on the text portion of the help page, but if you switch to the help video tab there is a link directly under the video.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

repeal17thamendment wrote:So it's not allowed to say the same thing twice in two threads?!
Duplicate posts are not allowed. Many forums have the same rule.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
repeal17thamendment wrote:So it's not allowed to say the same thing twice in two threads?!
Duplicate posts are not allowed. Many forums have the same rule.
But if you feel that the post is relevant in the other thread you can link to it.
mevans

Post by mevans »

repeal17thamendment wrote:Oh come on, you're kidding me. You're hitting me with a "code of conduct" violation for saying the same thing in a thread where people were talking about how to pay online? That's petty. I wondered why it disappeared. I was confused about why it's so difficult to find the donations page so at first I put it in a thread then I decided it needed it's own thread. There was no reason to remove that helpful post. So it's not allowed to say the same thing twice in two threads?! WOW that's petty. You're just discouraging people from using this forum. I wonder if I'm breaking the "code of conduct" by being disgusted at the pettiness of that rule and removing my post (which probably helped people).

If speaking and having feelings is a "code of conduct" violation then people won't want to come here and you'll always be doling out discipline. It chills open suggestion making.
I've made a lot of posts on these forums. The moderators do a terrific job of keeping this place running well. I honestly don't know how they keep up with everything. I, too, have received "code of conduct" violations at times and I've had to fix posts or do something another way. It doesn't happen often, but I know there are good intentions behind their actions. The moderators are human and can make mistakes, but overall, they are very nice, helpful people and often times are the first to provide valuable answers to those with questions or in need of help. I hope you don't get the wrong opinion of this place in your first few posts.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

repeal17thamendment wrote:Thank you for the help and for helping to expose that a link needs to be placed in the help section OR the accounts section (seriously why is there no link at either location?).
Great suggestion! I will make sure it is captured and communicated. Thanks!
marilyngraham1938

Post by marilyngraham1938 »

There are so many bogus sights that I am having a problem trying to make my donations on line. I cannot seem to locate the correct REAL site to make a donation.
bdowding

Post by bdowding »

The easiest and fastest way to access online donation is to go to tithing.lds.org or lds.org/donations. You will be required to login using your LDS Account. Be sure your LDS Account is associated with your member record number.

Return to “Online Donations”