My YSA records are mysteriously being moved

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bstone81

My YSA records are mysteriously being moved

Post by bstone81 »

About two months ago a couple of my YSA age member's records were moved to the YSA Ward that our Stake supports. We did not push them or authorize them to be moved. I called and talked to a member of the YSA Ward's Bishopric and asked if they requested them. They had not. So I pulled them back.

Today, all my YSA records mysteriously were transferred to this YSA Ward. The YSA Bishop contacted me asking why I sent them. I checked with my clerks and counselors, and none of them had sent them, and the YSA Bishop had not requested them.

Is the Church automatically transferring YSA records to YSA Wards? Or is there a program glitch causing this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My YSA records are mysteriously being moved

Post by russellhltn »

Not that I've heard of. I'd contact support and see what they can tell you. At minimum they should be able to say what unit called for it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

Yes, I have my membership clerk calling them in the morning. When I pull all those records back from the YSA Ward, it will change the previous Ward to the YSA Ward and I lose the history of the original Ward they came from when they moved into my Ward.
bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

Is there an email for support?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming you're part of North America: Support Contact Information for U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.

But for these kinds of things, I think a phone call is better. Otherwise, you could end up going back and forth.

I do think it's unlikely that the YSA ward is requesting them - they wouldn't know who is YSA and who isn't. So I think it's coming from your own ward/stake or above.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: So I think it's coming from your own ward/stake or above.
The stake can't move records (unless they go to your MLS)
bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

I've been able to determine that it is no one in our Ward or Stake that has moved them. I also confirmed with the YSA Bishop that no one on his side has moved them.

I did have the Full-time Elders, serving in the YSA Ward, contact me a week ago for a list of YSA's in our Ward, so they can help with fellowshipping. I sent a digital copy of our YSA's to them. This now seems suspect. I don't believe that full time missionaries have the ability to move records, but they could do so through a clerk. So we are checking that angle now, to see if a clerk in the YSA Ward gave them access.

This is frustrating, because of the time it is now taking to figure out what happened, who did it, and reverse the whole process.

When we do pull those records back into our Ward again, I'm going to lose the original Ward those records came from, making it difficult for me to contact a previous Bishop if I need additional information on them. I'm assuming that the records department could restore the original Ward that the records came from.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:The stake can't move records (unless they go to your MLS)
You're right in that they don't have direct access from the Stake MLS, but I'd think a phone call from the Stake President could do it. (Or the stake clerk using his Admin login

bstone81 wrote:So we are checking that angle now, to see if a clerk in the YSA Ward gave them access.
Boy, I hope not. If that happened to me, I'd be asking the Stake President to have a stern talk to that ward and the mission president.

bstone81 wrote:I'm assuming that the records department could restore the original Ward that the records came from.
I'm not so sure about that. You may be stuck asking the records department each time you need to know.

From what others have posted, you may be able to see the parent's ward in LCR. That may work in some cases.

bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:The stake can't move records (unless they go to your MLS)
You're right in that they don't have direct access from the Stake MLS, but I'd think a phone call from the Stake President could do it. (Or the stake clerk using his Admin login

bstone81 wrote:So we are checking that angle now, to see if a clerk in the YSA Ward gave them access.
Boy, I hope not. If that happened to me, I'd be asking the Stake President to have a stern talk to that ward and the mission president.

bstone81 wrote:I'm assuming that the records department could restore the original Ward that the records came from.
I'm not so sure about that. You may be stuck asking the records department each time you need to know.

From what others have posted, you may be able to see the parent's ward in LCR. That may work in some cases.
I'm certainly not pointing any fingers at this point. But it seems like this could be a possibility with the full time Elders. And if this is what happened, we will certainly report the incident to the appropriate leaders.

Through all this, I just hate losing the original Ward, as some YSA's have unresolved issues that need a past Bishop's input.
bstone81

Post by bstone81 »

Thanks for your input!

Return to “Membership Help”