Regional Broadcast September 13th

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
eanderson

Regional Broadcast September 13th

Post by eanderson »

Anyone have additional information about the Regional Broadcast (Utah) on September 13th?

I assume it will be an satellite broadcast?
Will there be a replay, as we can not fix our whole stake into a single building...

There is no information at broadcast.lds.org
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Regional Broadcast September 13th

Post by sbradshaw »

We received information about the multi-stake conference from our area office. It will be broadcast live from the BYU Marriott Center at 10:00 AM. There will be a rebroadcast at 1:00 PM.

15 of the Provo YSA stakes and one of the Provo Married Student stakes are assigned to attend there, at the Marriott Center (I have the full list if you'd like). Everyone else will receive the meeting by broadcast.

We've been told that there won't be a leadership training or Saturday session associated with the conference since it's not taking the place of a regular stake conference. However, the regular three-hour block will be canceled.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Your SP can request the credentials needed to stream it over the Internet so non-satellite equipped buildings can receive it.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:We've been told that there won't be a leadership training or Saturday session associated with the conference since it's not taking the place of a regular stake conference. However, the regular three-hour block will be canceled.
This is the new format Church-wide that was announced last year. Every stake gets two stake conferences a year, one presided over by a general authority or area seventy, and one where the stake president presides. These two conferences include Saturday meetings.

In addition, every other year, every stake gets a regional satellite broadcast stake conference, but no Saturday conference meetings are involved. The broadcast cancels the normal Sunday meetings for that region on that day, but it does not replace the other general authority stake conference as was the custom in past years. It is just an extra Sunday only stake conference.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Any word on who the speakers will be?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Any word on who the speakers will be?
They are different for every regional broadcast, and we have never been told in advance who will speak.

The usual minimum lineup is a member of the Seventy, a sister from the general presidency of the Relief Society, Young Women, or Primary, an Apostle, and then a member of the First Presidency.
vladimir6

Post by vladimir6 »

Can I watch this broadcast live online since i can't attend the meeting?
apander1

Post by apander1 »

I would also like to know if this can be viewed online
apander1

Post by apander1 »

vladimir6 wrote:Can I watch this broadcast live online since i can't attend the meeting?
Please post if you find anything, thanks
maryj1951

Post by maryj1951 »

I would like to listen to the rebroadcast on line is that possible? And how do I do it?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”