Church banner ads

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cshields

Church banner ads

Post by cshields »

So I'm catching up on digg.com this morning and see a Book of Mormon in a vertical animated banner ad. Half expecting it to be anti material I watch it loop and sure enough its an ad for the church, offering a free copy. Very cool.

Just wanted to voice a little support for this move. I'm not sure what the costs are compared to the TV spots or what the impression is in terms of people reached, but in my opinion it is good to diversify those efforts. This is very fitting along with Elder Ballard's message in this month's Ensign.

I have fond memories of hanging out in the #mormon IRC channel on Undernet in the mid 90's.. We had a lot of people wander in and opportunities to educate people about (and sometimes defend) our beliefs. Nowadays I can imagine those discussions to be a lot easier with the resources that are online now to refer people to for more information after sharing a personal testimony.

Cheers!
jeffvand

Post by jeffvand »

I agree... that is an awesome use of resources that I think go a long way. Even if people are not clicking, they are seeing them and I think that counts as one of the needed exposures... eventually those that are prepared will click! :) Keep up the good work!
jaj1

Post by jaj1 »

I saw a horizontal ad with a picture of the Lord at my workplace. I was walking past a co-worker's office while he was checking his web-mail (Yahoo or MSN). I think this is an excellent way to encourage hits at the church websites and to encourage people to ask questions of their friends.
Nic_Rossi-p40

Post by Nic_Rossi-p40 »

Does anyone know where you can get the HTML code for the ads so you can post them on your website or blog?

Return to “General Discussions”