Higley Antimormon Video popping up in the help pages for the learning how to use notes page

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rmerrill

Higley Antimormon Video popping up in the help pages for the learning how to use notes page

Post by rmerrill »

I was viewing the help topics for learning how to use the Notes feature and what I thought was an instruction video popped up. It was an anti-mormon video by Higley, His organization seems to have hacked into the LDS.org site. I don't know where else to report this but hoping that someone can get this to the tech people who manage the "Notes" pages.
2015-09-02_09-05-57.jpeg
(177.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
drepouille

Re: Higley Antimormon Video popping up in the help pages for the learning how to use notes page

Post by drepouille »

Welcome to YouTube.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lmcguire

Re: Higley Antimormon Video popping up in the help pages for the learning how to use notes page

Post by lmcguire »

To be more specific: this isn't a hack of LDS.org. The video you watched is on YouTube.com (perhaps embedded in an LDS.org page, but still on YouTube). When a video is over, YouTube will display links to several other videos which they think are related (just like the screen capture you showed). The owner of the original video has no control (as far as I can tell) over those links. In other words, there's nothing to be done (short of not using YouTube). I imagine the relevant folk know this (it's hard to believe they don't).

FWIW,

Liz
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can add ?rel=0 to the video's URL when embedding to keep it from showing related videos.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”