"Ward Visibility" on email prevents email from being sent from LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

"Ward Visibility" on email prevents email from being sent from LCR

Post by sasgrw »

I'm in "send a message" from LCR. I chose Members > All Adult Members. I got a note about XX number of people that won't receive the email and I clicked on "View All" to see who they were. Most didn't have emails or they were marked private. However, one was 'Ward Visibility' (instead of 'Stake Visibility'). Since I'm sending the note to all adult ward members, shouldn't this person be included?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: "Ward Visibility" on email prevents email from being sent from LCR

Post by aebrown »

sasgrw wrote:I'm in "send a message" from LCR. I chose Members > All Adult Members. I got a note about XX number of people that won't receive the email and I clicked on "View All" to see who they were. Most didn't have emails or they were marked private. However, one was 'Ward Visibility' (instead of 'Stake Visibility'). Since I'm sending the note to all adult ward members, shouldn't this person be included?
That makes perfect sense, but that isn't how it works at this point. This issue has been discussed at great length multiple times here on the forum. See, for example, this post, which contains a link to a post by a Church employee about why it works this way.
sasgrw

Re: "Ward Visibility" on email prevents email from being sent from LCR

Post by sasgrw »

Thanks. I had searched the forum for "ward visibility" and didn't see any relevant posts. I should have searched for "stake visibility".

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”