Calendars not allowing edit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mcg30916

Calendars not allowing edit

Post by mcg30916 »

Hello,
We seem to be having an issue as of last week. Events that are entered onto our stake calendars are not editable. I have tested this in multiple browsers; Chrome, IE and Firefox. The behavior is as follows:

1. Create event in a calendar save the event.
2. Select the link on the calendar and then select "Edit Event Details and Location"

The link is active, but upon clicking it, the pop-up does not come up. There is no pop-up blocker warning or any other indicator in any of browsers. The workaround is to delete the activity and then recreate it with the additional info. I am the stake clerk so I have administrative privs; so that is not the issue.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendars not allowing edit

Post by russellhltn »

mcg30916 wrote:Is anyone else seeing this problem?
I am a STS, so I have similar rights to our stake calendars. I just tried it, and it worked fine for me. I was able to get into the editing screen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mcg30916

Post by mcg30916 »

i should have mentioned that this is a created calendar - not one of the default LDS.org provided ones. I tried clearing cache, disabling pop-up blockers, the issue seems to be in the calendar itself.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mcg30916 wrote:i should have mentioned that this is a created calendar
Yes, my test calendar is a "created" one as well.
mcg30916 wrote:not one of the default LDS.org provided ones.
The calendar itself had no default calendars. There is a wizard that will create a common set of calendars, but that's as close to "default" as it gets. So I doubt if there's any technical difference between the two. Any differences are more likely based on when created (now or years ago). I didn't create a new calendar as part of the test.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
destabrook

Post by destabrook »

Yes, I am having a similar problem. I can get to the window to edit the event, make the changes, etc. However, when I press "Update Event," nothing happens. There is no pop-up that asks if I want to edit just this event, or future events, etc.
Is tech support working on this problem, do we know?
destabrook

Post by destabrook »

By the way, I should state that I just updated to Windows 10 about a week ago. Could my problem be related to that?
mcg30916

Post by mcg30916 »

It is not windows 10 as i have experienced the problem on several windows 7 computers. I sent my browser header info to tech support and they were able to replicate the problem. No eta as to when it will be fixed yet though.
mcg30916

Post by mcg30916 »

I will post when I hear more
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

If the popup is not coming up, we have a problem we are trying to fix where users are trying to double-click on the event and that causes the popup to stop functioning for the event. Single click should be used, but we are trying to make it work with double click too.

We also detected a problem involving repeating events. If you have a repeating event associated with a building/room, if you try to update that event for the entire series, it just returns you to the create screen and your update hasn't been saved. You can make the change for individual days in the repeating event.

Both these problems are on our hot list to fix and we hope to have it in our post-general conference release.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager
braqston

Post by braqston »

It could also be due to a bug that allows calendar administrators to schedule locations/rooms without 'This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes' option checked for a specific building. If the problem events are tied to a location this may be the problem in your case.

SOLUTION: To fix this,
1. Click the gear, and select 'Location and Rooms' from the dropdown.
2. Select the building from the left column.
3. Click 'Edit' in the main window.
4. Check 'This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes'.
5. Click 'Save'.
Last edited by braqston on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Calendar”