Hometeaching/Visiting Teaching option LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
tgeorgell

Hometeaching/Visiting Teaching option LDS Tools

Post by tgeorgell »

It would be a great Help if we can get our teaching assignments on the LDS Tools app. It would be easier to access and easier to locate the families. Can that be done??? Last I heard TWO years ago there was a beta test for it, but nothing else.
eblood66

Re: Hometeaching/Visiting Teaching option LDS Tools

Post by eblood66 »

tgeorgell wrote:It would be a great Help if we can get our teaching assignments on the LDS Tools app. It would be easier to access and easier to locate the families. Can that be done??? Last I heard TWO years ago there was a beta test for it, but nothing else.
Although support for HT/VT is being added to the Leader and Clerk Resource portion of lds.org soon, there is no provision at this time for assignments to be visible to non-leaders. See this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 71f9c6cf90#

I'm not aware of there having ever been a beta test for this. It would be highly unlikely because the HT/VT assignments aren't available in the CHQ databases and won't be until the LCR support is released.
tgeorgell

Post by tgeorgell »

I must have been told wrong information then. Yet, it is a good idea to do though if possible. Am I wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tgeorgell wrote:It would be a great Help if we can get our teaching assignments on the LDS Tools app.
In order to get the assignments into LDS Tools, the assignments have to be available on the church server somewhere. Currently that information is only in the MLS program that runs on the ward computer.

The current plan is for wards to switch to using HT/VT on-line in mid-June. At that point the information will be on the church server. But a way to get that information to LDS Tools would still need to be developed before LDS Tools could be enhanced. There's no time-line I know of for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gely269

Post by gely269 »

I agree. Having the assignments would be great for the members to have. It would give the HT or VT quicker access to contact information. It would also be great that if once visited, the HT/VT could click a "visited" button and have that immediately recorded for the monthly report.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gely269 wrote:I agree. Having the assignments would be great for the members to have. It would give the HT or VT quicker access to contact information. It would also be great that if once visited, the HT/VT could click a "visited" button and have that immediately recorded for the monthly report.
Seeing the assignments is coming soon. See this post.

Allowing the HT/VT to report visits is not in any plans that have been announced at this point.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:Seeing the assignments is coming soon. See this post.
Do we know whether that will allow members to see their own assignments or just allow leaders to see assignments?

Return to “Member Tools”