Reporting Death of Members Problem

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rluek4

Reporting Death of Members Problem

Post by rluek4 »

Excuse me, but I had a very quick question.

I live in Russia where aquiring information for the death of a person is hard because the church is very small and no one really bothers calling organizations (let alone the church) that a member has died. Upon finding the address, a woman who currently occupies the home has said that, in fact, she has passed away and that was all the information... she could not tell us a date she died on.

Is it possible to report a death without a death date as interesting as that sounds?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reporting Death of Members Problem

Post by russellhltn »

Looking at my test install of MLS, it looks like you need at least a year of death. I'm not sure what the culture is like in Russia, but have you tried doing a web search for obituaries?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rluek4

Post by rluek4 »

russellhltn wrote:Looking at my test install of MLS, it looks like you need at least a year of death. I'm not sure what the culture is like in Russia, but have you tried doing a web search for obituaries?
I have not yet but can try, but the bear minimum is a year of death for the church system? If so I believe I can find that. Thank you very much.

On the off chance that I am unable to find an obituary that is willing/able to give me that information, what do I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rluek4 wrote:On the off chance that I am unable to find an obituary that is willing/able to give me that information, what do I do?
If you can't find a year of death, I'd suggest Support Contact Information for Russia.

Note that I'd be cautious about relying on a statement by the next occupant of the house. They might be mistaken or they might be trying to get you to stop coming.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rluek4

Post by rluek4 »

russellhltn wrote: If you can't find a year of death, I'd suggest Support Contact Information for Russia.

Thank you so much for that contact. Have good day

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”