finding a training video.

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jirp

finding a training video.

Post by jirp »

A couple of years ago I remember watching a general purpose training video online for running auxiliary presidency meetings. If I remember right the message was about 20 minutes long and included a discussion of how the meeting should be run and brief mock meeting example. It talked about the fact that the president was supposed to listen first before expressing an opinion, the need for an agenda and various other basic leadership things.

I have tried every search term I can think of and I am coming up empty finding it. Does someone know where to find it?

tried presidency, presidency meeting(s), quorum meetings, leadership training, presidency training, training and several more and I am not finding that video.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: finding a training video.

Post by sbradshaw »

This sounds like something that might be in the Leadership Training Library:
https://www.lds.org/service/leadership?lang=eng
Have you already looked through those videos?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jirp

Post by jirp »

If it is there I haven't found it yet. These are all specific for an organization. The video I am thinking of was general purpose. It talked about how the newest member of the quorum of the 12 was first to speak on a topic and that the presidents of auxilaries should model that behavior. The importance of an agenda to guide. Keeping track of assignments for review at future meetings.

It may be it has been superseded by this newer stuff. But it still had value on general running of a meeting.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You might try the Worldwide Leadership training files.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:You might try the Worldwide Leadership training files.
Right. It sounds at least similar to the Worldwide Leadership training for the year when the new handbooks came out which I think was 2010.
mdupaix

Post by mdupaix »

Sounds like the "2014 Auxiliary Training", video called "Learning and Teaching in the Home and the Church, the Church" 13 minutes. Try this link:
https://www.lds.org/callings/leadership ... g?lang=eng

Return to “General Discussions”