Audit entered under wrong ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
KeeleyJones

Audit entered under wrong ward

Post by KeeleyJones »

I couldn't find a better place to post this. This is a problem I am having with LUFAS. Hopefully someone can help here. I am a Stake Auditor and I accidentally entered an audit for one of my units into Lufas under a different unit name. I noticed that if I go to the Stake Dashboard in Lufas and click on the unit name it takes me to a screen where you have a view audit results button and a Reassign Unit button.

When I click reassign Unit, it asked me for the unit number. I put in the correct wards unit number and selected the correct Ward from the drop down list that says “Select the Unit to Assign”. Then I push the Reassign Unit button on that page but I get an error. I am wondering if this is because I don’t have the correct privileges to do this.

I then contacted the Stake Audit committee person over me and he has even less access than I do and he told me to contact church HQ. I have looked and looked but don't see any contact info anywhere in the help for LUFAS or just doing general searches.

Meanwhile I had an appointment to do the audit for the other unit which account I had already used. Not knowing what else to do I entered their audit in under the first wards unit number. So now I have two audits completed but they need to be swapped so the Bishops can log in and sign their appropriate audit.

Since they have a feature built into the website to reassign the audits I assume this problem isn't that uncommon but I have tried to fix it on several different computers using different browsers and always get an error when I try to reassign the audit to the correct unit. Does anyone know how I can fix them or who I need to contact to get these switched?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Audit entered under wrong ward

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KeeleyJones

Re: Audit entered under wrong ward

Post by KeeleyJones »

Hi thanks for that, they got me to the right person. I had to speak with the Area Auditor. As I suspected, even though I see the button to reassign a unit as a local auditor I don't have the permissions required to reassign a unit. The area auditor had to do it for me.

Thanks!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”