LDS Statement of Faith/beliefs?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Composer2005

LDS Statement of Faith/beliefs?

Post by Composer2005 »

Where can I find the - LDS Statement of Faith/beliefs?

Can I respond to it and where is the best place here?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Statement of Faith/beliefs?

Post by russellhltn »

The Articles of Failth is a good starting point.

I'm not sure what you mean by "respond to". This isn't a forum for religious debate. However, if you use the chat feature of Mormon.org, there's someone you can talk to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Composer2005

Post by Composer2005 »

Ok, thanks for the Link!

Regarding ' Respond to ' I am NOT associated with any religion, but love finding out about them and seeing & examining what they think they have in support of their beliefs & their proofs and responding to it?

Are the Mormons/LDS fearful of examination by outsiders, or do they just refuse to believe anything they haven't been shown by their own kind?

I'll also look at the ' chat ' section!

Cheers!
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Composer2005 wrote:Are the Mormons/LDS fearful of examination by outsiders, or do they just refuse to believe anything they haven't been shown by their own kind?
I won't turn this into a debate of any kind so the quick and simply answer to this question is "no". The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has (especially lately) been examined closely by outsiders and we welcome the attention. The sincere search for truth is a basic, driving force in our church. If it looks like we're fearful it may be because we, as a people, have a history of being persecuted and, at times, that included horrible, violent crimes against the Latter-day Saints. So there can be some resistance when the "examination" has a tone of conflict.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The website http://www.mormon.org is your best source!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
Composer2005

Post by Composer2005 »

Thanks for the Link, I'll check it out!

Does that mean this Forum doesn't permit scrutiny?

Or is the ' chat ' section the place for it?

BTW: Most Cults claim persecution somewhere along the line, the j.w's spring to mind, so you are not unique in your assertion!

Again my thanks for the Links!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Composer2005 wrote:Does that mean this Forum doesn't permit scrutiny?
No, it's simply that this forum is dedicated to technology, so a discussion of beliefs is not within the scope of this forum. Everything in this forum is open to "scrutiny" and discussion, as long as that discussion follows the Code of Conduct and is on a topic relevant to the specific technologies used by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Composer2005

Post by Composer2005 »

The ' Code of Conduct ' states - You may not post any of the following:
Religious discussions or debate.

Can you clarify what that means?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Composer2005 wrote:Can you clarify what that means?
It's not for discussion of our faiths and beliefs. The forum is to assist members and leaders with church technology.

Mormon.org is the place for discussing beliefs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Composer2005

Post by Composer2005 »

Thanks for the clarification!

It is sometimes difficult for me to distinguish why one group appears to be wanting to be called LDS whilst another wants to be called Mormons?

Return to “General Discussions”