Training on HT/VT in lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
glanderson

Training on HT/VT in lds.org

Post by glanderson »

Is there any training information available on the new home and visiting teaching on lds.org? We have several presidencies struggling to figure out the process. A link to any training would be helpful. Just a note - this training should be available to stake clerks and assistant clerks as well as the local leaders. We are usually called upon as the first line of support for the local leaders.
mbatemantx

Re: Training oh HT/VT in lds.org

Post by mbatemantx »

I have also been looking for this. Having not found any I am going to develop a power point to cover this as well as some other areas of LCR and LDS.ORG for presidency's in my ward. I will be glad to share once they are done.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Training on HT/VT in lds.org

Post by sbradshaw »

The most recent LDSTech broadcast had some useful content for Leader and Clerk Resources:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDSTech_broadcasts
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mbatemantx

Post by mbatemantx »

So here is the my initial training deck. I cover HT/VT, using the directory to send emails to groups and maps. All are tools that i have been asked about by the coordinators and supervisors in my ward. I have blurred the screen shots to protect privacy so I would reccomend replacing them with your own screen shots.
LDS.org Website Tutorial.pdf
(841.85 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
mevans

Post by mevans »

That's a nice, short summary document and will help people who aren't familiar with things.

I wouldn't get it too complicated if you're trying to get people logging in and using it, but they'll need to know more. For example, a common issue is how to "assign" a family to HP or EQ for home teaching. It is not intuitive.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Ward Clerks have the responsibility to train ward leaders in record-keeping
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
mbatemantx

Post by mbatemantx »

I will work on that next.
mevans wrote:That's a nice, short summary document and will help people who aren't familiar with things.
A
I wouldn't get it too complicated if you're trying to get people logging in and using it, but they'll need to know more. For example, a common issue is how to "assign" a family to HP or EQ for home teaching. It is not intuitive.
jdslds13

Post by jdslds13 »

True, that is my question.... how to "assign" a family to HP or EQ for home teaching? Any answers Yet?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdslds13 wrote:True, that is my question.... how to "assign" a family to HP or EQ for home teaching? Any answers Yet?
This discussion is on training, not on a particular HT question. Besides, you also asked your question in another topic, and it was answered there.
mbatemantx

Post by mbatemantx »

So here is my updated presentation. Once again the screen shots are blurred to protect the privacy of my ward. I have added a section on how you can assign a household to any home teaching companionship whether they are grouped under High Priests or Elders.

If you have feedback on changes or additions let me know. Hopefully this will be helpful for others.
LDS.org Website Tutorial Blurred.pdf
(955.17 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Also if you would like the powerpoint please PM me and I will pass it along.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”