lost member at CHQ new address found

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bryanrich

lost member at CHQ new address found

Post by bryanrich »

After completing the necessary steps to locate a lost member's address, I sent the membership record to Church HQ as ADDRESS UNKNOWN, which was a month ago. His father just sent me his current address, months after I contacted him. How do I go about giving CHQ his current address and getting the correct ward his record? Any help or direction would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: lost member at CHQ new address found

Post by russellhltn »

If the address is within your ward boundaries, you can request it. (I wouldn't do that if it's not in your ward.)

Otherwise, I think you can send a message via MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I served as Ward Clerk, I had several instances where I received corrected address information for a member not in our ward (most often it was a wayward child of one of our ward members). I always had good luck sending as much information as I had through an MLS Message for Membership. I always received a nice reply that they had moved the record to the correct ward.
bryanrich

Post by bryanrich »

Thank you both for the replies. The address is not within our ward boudaries. I'll send a message via MLS. Thanks again.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You should also be able to send a message to mlssupport@ldschurch.org, to avoid having to go in to the office and using the clerk's computer.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”