Language setting problem

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
jorma07

Language setting problem

Post by jorma07 »

Hi guys, I have to say this looks great. When you have all the features working I'm sure it will be fantastic.
Few things are annoying me:
-slow starting
-crashing
-it won't save the language setting till next time (Finnish)

BR
JK
ToManyLetters

Re: Language setting problem

Post by ToManyLetters »

The slow starting is something that, believe it or not, has actually drastically improved since the early betas. We're always working on ways to cut down this startup time on phones, but the simple fact is that the new app has quite a lot to load.

Simply stating "crashing" doesn't help anyone in the development team find and fix issues. Find patterns in the crashes and report them. HOW is the app crashing? What steps make it crash?

The language persistence issue has been reported to the developers.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
jorma07

Post by jorma07 »

Hi,

Crashing: for example today it crashed four times during one hour. I was starting it, changed language to finnish, opened Liahona and one article there. After reading some minutes it just closed up. I don't know if it has something to do with the language setting or is it a Windows feature. I have Lumia 630 and latest 8 windows. I'm sure you'll find that feature too if you just test, because it does it almost every time and I'm not the only one.

BR
JK
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The Lumia 630 is a low-memory device. Your phone may be running out of RAM and have to close the app to keep operating normally. Try closing all other apps when using Gospel Library to see if that helps you.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”