Error code to pay online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jethro450

Error code to pay online

Post by jethro450 »

image.jpg
Screen shot of error
(146.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
we recently got an email saying tithing was a available to pay online. Many members hopped online and did so successfully. Unfortunately some members are still receiving an error code saying the option to pay online is not available for their unit yet. But it clearly is. What's the problem? Who do I go to or report that issue to? Screen shot of error code attached.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error code to pay online

Post by russellhltn »

That's not the usual error message that most people receive. I find it interesting that it asks what country you want your donation to go to. Does your unit span country boarders? Could there be something about those member's records that leave a question mark as to what country they live in?

And of course, I assume you verified that the members in question have the correct MRN associated with their accounts and that they really are in your unit. (Does the Directory or Calendar work for them?)

By chance, are the affected members out-of-unit leaders or perhaps missionaries?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jethro450

Post by jethro450 »

I will investigate all these things this evening, thank you for your reply.

Our unit does not span country borders. We're in Utah. They are not missionaries. I just looked at their addresses associates with their Lds tools info and it says USA. ??? Last thing to check is that they signed up to Lds.org with the correct MRN number.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jethro450 wrote:Last thing to check is that they signed up to Lds.org with the correct MRN number.
They might have "non-member" accounts. Having them check that the directory/calendar/LDS Tools works properly with that account is a good quick test.

I'm not sure what happens to out-of-unit leaders. The system could be confused as to where the donation should go.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jethro450

Post by jethro450 »

Thank you, I'll have them check that first.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm mildly curious of what might happen if that particular member has never had a donation associated to their account. Perhaps a wife where the donation has always been under the husband's name. I wouldn't think that would be a problem, but it might be an extra step the system has to go though.

jethro450

Post by jethro450 »

Well I have two people telling me the issue. One is a wife who most likely does everything and the other is a husband - who's wife probably does it all.

Either way, the wife reported back and she has full access in LDS tools, yet can't pay online tithing. I will check to see if it is under her husbands name though I agree, it shouldn't matter.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:I'm mildly curious of what might happen if that particular member has never had a donation associated to their account. Perhaps a wife where the donation has always been under the husband's name. I wouldn't think that would be a problem, but it might be an extra step the system has to go though.
I just tested it with my wife's account and that worked just fine. She doesn't have any donation history in the system since before 2007 which is the oldest the donations app shows. She did have donations from before we were married.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:I just tested it with my wife's account and that worked just fine.
So much for that theory. I was guessing it was running into an error trying to dig up the history.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jonesrk wrote:doesn't have any donation history in the system since before 2007 which is the oldest the donations app shows
I'm curious if anyone knows why 2007 is the cutoff date. Was there a change in 2007 with how donations were recorded? Or, does the Church just not keep donation history for more than 8 years? My history also stops at 2007.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Online Donations”