Forum Sign in failure

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Forum Sign in failure

Post by jdlessley »

LDSTech Forum sign in does not work.

When going directly to the Forum and clicking "Sign in" the redirect does not resolve. IE 11 attempts for 60 seconds to connect but fails with a "This page can't be displayed" message. Firefox provides the "The page isn't redirecting properly" message and explains that "the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

The only way I can sign on to the Forum is to sign on to LDS.org and find a link to the Forum from within LDS.org, such as in the LCR Help Center. Even if I sign in to LDS.org and use a bookmark I still get the redirect problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lmcguire

Re: Forum Sign in failure

Post by lmcguire »

If you go to https://tech.lds.org/forum/ and click the link in the upper right corner with a little person icon in a circle, labelled "Sign in" (*), that doesn't work? (*) that link is not a phpbb link (as far as I can tell), it's an lds.org link, cuz it takes you to the same login page as lds.org.

(I'm just clarifying, I have no problem with logging in the above way, and don't know what might be the issue, but knowing the details will help those in the know...)

If that does work, maybe you could past the URLs that don't work? (Maybe with the upgrade, your old bookmarks aren't valid anymore...)

Liz
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lmcguire wrote:If you go to https://tech.lds.org/forum/ and click the link in the upper right corner with a little person icon in a circle, labelled "Sign in" (*), that doesn't work?
That is correct. That link, a bookmark, and typing in the URL all result in a redirect failure. The problem started just after Tim Riker announced they were working on the phpBB sign on. I've cleared cache, cleared cookies, and used Ctrl-F5. The issue still exists.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

After clicking the Sign on link the failure occurs with this redirected URL: http://tech.lds.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=login&. So it appears the sign on link is redirecting to the phpBB sign on where it fails because it has been deactivated.
JD Lessley
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I just ran into this as well. Infinite redirect loop. Has anybody looked at this?

Return to “Help with this forum”