LDSTech forum: HTTP 500 errors

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

LDSTech forum: HTTP 500 errors

Post by russellhltn »

Another thing. Since the change to the new software, I get http 500 errors from time to time when posting. In each case, the post did go though. I've also noticed a rise in the duplicate posts from individuals, so I don't think I'm the only one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Post by TimRiker »

Thx russell,

I've not noticed any 500 errors when posting. I'll see if I can duplicate that.

Are you using the quick reply or the full editor, and does it make a difference on the errors?

We still have a mediawiki editor on making changes that I've not been able to track down. Your changes do go through, but MediaWiki reports a random error code.

When my session has expired and I post, my post gets lost in the sign in process. I need to re-type after signing in and then it goes through.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Post by russellhltn »

TimRiker wrote:Are you using the quick reply or the full editor, and does it make a difference on the errors?
I'll have to watch, but I'm not sure as it makes a difference. I know for sure it happens on full editor.

TimRiker wrote:When my session has expired and I post, my post gets lost in the sign in process. I need to re-type after signing in and then it goes through.
I don't think that's the issue as I've not had to sign back in. Just do a refresh.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDSTech forum: HTTP 500 errors

Post by jdlessley »

You can add my experience to that of, and the same as, Russell. The first time it happened I did not know the post had been processed. After doing a "Reload tab" it was not clear whether the submission had taken so I clicked "Submit" again only to find it was the second time the post had been submitted.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Help with this forum”