Stake Young Men President access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
RussDrury

Stake Young Men President access to LCR

Post by RussDrury »

Why does the "Young Men President, including his counselors and secretary" in Ward and Branch callings have access to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR), but the Stake Young Men President doesn't? :confused:

Surely thats an oversight?

https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... e?lang=eng
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Young Men President access to LCR

Post by russellhltn »

No, it's not an oversight.

From the Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) FAQs:

Why don’t stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors have access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bretpetersen1

Post by bretpetersen1 »

But why don't the stake leaders have basic access to LCR? The above statement from the FAQ is why they don't have access to information about members. Right now, the stake RS, YW and YM can't even send an email using LCR or see basic things. For example, it would be nice if the stake RS president could see all the ward RS leader contact information.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

bretpetersen1 wrote:But why don't the stake leaders have basic access to LCR? Right now, the stake RS, YW and YM can't even send an email using LCR or see basic things. For example, it would be nice if the stake RS president could see all the ward RS leader contact information.
That information should be available in the Directory. The Directory also provides email lists.

Programming access for each role takes effort. If the information is available elsewhere it doesn't make sense to go to the extra effort.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bretpetersen1 wrote:Right now, the stake RS, YW and YM can't even send an email using LCR or see basic things. For example, it would be nice if the stake RS president could see all the ward RS leader contact information.
As pointed out, the Directory allows that for all members. I don't think the LCR has email to "leaders only" for anyone, including the stake president. So the function you seek isn't there to give access to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bretpetersen1

Post by bretpetersen1 »

The function I am talking about exists for stake leaders, just not the Aux. leaders. Our SP was telling the stk RS president how she could send e-mails to all the ward RS presidencies. But it turns out that he can do that but she cannot. The tool is in LCR, Applications, Send a message, leaders, Ward/Branch RS presidencies.

https://www.lds.org/messaging/?lang=eng

Click on this link. Then click on "Leaders", then look at at the bottom of the drop down menu
box.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bretpetersen1 wrote:https://www.lds.org/messaging/?lang=eng

Click on this link. Then click on "Leaders", then look at at the bottom of the drop down menu
box.
Close. I can send to one ward's leadership, but I can't send a message to the ward RS for all wards.

I stand corrected, but it doesn't fully function.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
bretpetersen1 wrote:https://www.lds.org/messaging/?lang=eng

box.
Close. I can send to one ward's leadership, but I can't send a message to the ward RS for all wards.

I stand corrected, but it doesn't fully function.
When I was a stake clerk I discovered that the stake president and the stake clerk had access to more groups in the Send a Message feature than even assistant stake clerks or stake presidency counselors. I didn't understand then and still don't why access to certain email groups was so tightly restricted. In any case, it could be that you're not seeing the same options it was reported that a stake president can see, but that doesn't mean that those options don't exist.

In any case, back to the original question of this discussion, if stake auxiliary presidents don't have access to these groups in Send a Message, and they also don't have access to member information as explained in the LCR FAQ, then there's really not much reason for them to have any access at all to LCR.
brettrowe

Post by brettrowe »

I would like to bring this question back up now that the church has change the structure of the Stake YM's presidency to be a High Council member and the ward YM's presidencies are now the bishoprics. Our stake YM's president would really like the ability to be able to send group messages to these YM quorum leaders. Is there anyone out there in church IT who might be able to address this issue and if this feature can or will be added in the near future?
Brianhansen465

Post by Brianhansen465 »

I'm also interested in this - need some help!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”