Record request

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

Record request

Post by pgm44 »

Last week, a man from the UK came to our ward in the Philippines for some help. he said he is a member. The bishop asked me to transfer his record for the moment to our ward, so we do know of he is a real member. . The member did not know his record number but he knew .
1. His family name
2. His given name
3. His birthday
4. His baptism date
5. His ward in the UK

When I tried to request his record the result was negative.
The ward in the UK was the "ENFIELD WARD, Greater London EN2
How can I contact this ward in the UK on weekdays, because it is only open on Sunday and the "Member" need help.

Thanks.
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

The best way to contact the Enfield Ward, is to use LDS Maps and look up the Bishops details there, or use CDOL
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

Re: Record request

Post by pgm44 »

Thanks. I used CDOL and have already Bishop's email and phone number.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Record request

Post by jdlessley »

pgm44 wrote:The bishop asked me to transfer his record for the moment to our ward, so we do know of he is a real member.
Do NOT transfer records into your ward unless the member is living within your ward boundaries. This may cause problems for the home ward that occur when a record is pulled. Some of those problems are that the member will be removed from any callings he/she had as well as home teaching or visiting teaching assignments will be lost and the member removed from HT/VT companionships. Additionally the statistical information for the home ward will be inaccurate as a result of the improper record move.

Contacting the home ward is the preferred method to confirm a members membership. If that is not possible then contact headquarters or LUS to get membership verification.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”