View home teaching for both quorums

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mkfavreau

View home teaching for both quorums

Post by mkfavreau »

I am currently serving as the Elders Quorum President in our ward. How can I view the companionships and monthly reports for the HP Group in Leader and Clerk Resources? We have a few Elders that are home taught by the HP Group, so I need visibility if the family was visited.
nathanashfield

Re: View home teaching for both quorums

Post by nathanashfield »

I'm in the same situation and would also love to know the answer to this. I can't see the companionships where the senior companion is a High Priest. In MLS I can see all HT companionships that allows me to see the whole picture for HT in my ward, but now on LCR I can only see the EQ home teaching.

Please can someone clarify how this can be fixed?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nathanashfield wrote:I'm in the same situation and would also love to know the answer to this. I can't see the companionships where the senior companion is a High Priest. In MLS I can see all HT companionships that allows me to see the whole picture for HT in my ward, but now on LCR I can only see the EQ home teaching.

Please can someone clarify how this can be fixed?
Currently there is no way for you to change how it works. We've been told that it's under review but we have no idea if or when changes will be made.

However, you should be able to see who teaches a family by looking at the household section of their record on LCR. Additionally, you can ask your ward clerk to generate a report of all the companionships and print it for you or email it to you.
aaronerbe

Post by aaronerbe »

This is a big problem for us. Our ward is spread over a very large area and we do mixed companionship based on area. So we have HP and Elder companionships hometeaching Elders and HP. By segregating visibility and edit privs to companionships, it breaks us. For example, I have a HP and Elder companionship that needs to be formed. I can't form it because the HP is not visible in my list and the HP Group Leader cannot see the Elder so he can't form it. Additionally, I can't assign a High Priest to be taught by any of my companionships. Of course, this was possible with the old MLS system but now we're effectively dead in the water. We can't update any companionships or make any changes. I'm also unable to see if my Elder is being HT by a HP companionship, or even see who they are to reach out to them to see if there are any problems.

I did try adding the HP Group Leader as an District Supervisor to force the system to allow him visibility, but it of course wouldn't allow that either.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aaronerbe wrote:For example, I have a HP and Elder companionship that needs to be formed. I can't form it because the HP is not visible in my list and the HP Group Leader cannot see the Elder so he can't form it.
You should still be able to add a HP to one of your companionships as described in this post.
aaronerbe wrote:Additionally, I can't assign a High Priest to be taught by any of my companionships.
That can be done as well. It's just not obvious. See this post.
aaronerbe wrote:I'm also unable to see if my Elder is being HT by a HP companionship, or even see who they are to reach out to them to see if there are any problems.
You can see who is assigned to your Elder by finding him in the Member List and viewing his information. The Home Teachers should be listed on the Individual tab to the right of the name and contact information.

I agree that this isn't ideal but you should be able to still manage your Home Teaching on LCR.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkfavreau wrote:I am currently serving as the Elders Quorum President in our ward. How can I view the companionships and monthly reports for the HP Group in Leader and Clerk Resources? We have a few Elders that are home taught by the HP Group, so I need visibility if the family was visited.
The assumption behind the current implementation of HT in LCR is that you don't need visibility to see if the family was visited. From a strictly reporting perspective, that makes sense. The HPGL reports home teaching for all companionships in all districts for which he is responsible, and the EQP reports home teaching for all companionships in all districts for which he is responsible. That covers all companionships in the ward, and thus covers all home teaching.

As others have mentioned, you certainly can see in LCR who home teaches any household in the ward, so you do have access to that data. And you don't have to see the visiting data for reporting purposes. The only scenario left is that since you do have responsibility to watch over all the elders, you might want to know if a particular elder's household is being home taught regularly, even if he is home taught by a companionship assigned to the HPG. That is currently not possible, but as has been mentioned, is under consideration.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”