Missionary in Bulgaria and I'm yet again lost in MLS

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
TheDragonReborn

Missionary in Bulgaria and I'm yet again lost in MLS

Post by TheDragonReborn »

So, the Branch President was a return missionary from Bulgaria here in Blagoevgrad, however due to problems he is back in America and I'm a current missionary here in Bulgaria and have been asked to fill his spot.

I'm using his login to do everything, the problem is when I go to Authorize a batch or do anything like that - I enter the Branch Presidents login and username however, no one else is an option to put in to authorize anything. How do I go about adding someone to the user list? Thanks for any information.

Elder Slinker
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary in Bulgaria and I'm yet again lost in MLS

Post by russellhltn »

TheDragonReborn wrote:How do I go about adding someone to the user list?
You have to log in as someone who has admin rights in MLS.

Note that to authorize a batch, that person must not only have the correct rights in MLS (probably finance), but the MLS login must be connected to someone with the proper calling (Bishopric, clerk, finance clerk). Since you are using someone else's login who is no longer in the area, that might be the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary in Bulgaria and I'm yet again lost in MLS

Post by sbradshaw »

In order for a person to be able to authorize a batch, he needs to 1) have a membership record in the ward (regular or out-of-unit), 2) have his calling as a bishopric member or clerk recorded in Organizations > Bishopric (or Branch Presidency, in your case), and 3) have an MLS account created for them that connects to his membership record and has the finances checkbox checked.

Check under Organizations > Branch Presidency and make sure your calling is recorded.
Then, check under System Options > Users and make sure the account you're using is linked to your membership record.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”