Study Notebook not working for Conference Talks, Lessons, etc

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
shortysally

Study Notebook not working for Conference Talks, Lessons, etc

Post by shortysally »

I have tried different browsers thinking it was Safari and my husband has signed in with his account and we both can only access the Study Notebook toolbar if we are reading the scriptures online. I cannot even pull up old Conference talks and see my notes and highlights through the study notebook. This used to work great-I could print the talk with or without my notes-and I'm a bit confused as to why the toolbar is no longer available except with scriptures. Is this a new thing or some sort of glitch?
burnside

Post by burnside »

I am having the same problem. I have confirmed that the study notebook does not work on firefox, IE, and chrome on 3 different computers.

However, highlighting, annotations, and syncing are working just fine with my android devices and the web. I can view the annotations in the online study notebook, but cannot actually view the highlights on the individual pages.
HintonBR

My Study Notebook bar not there anymore on the Ensign articles or General Conference

Post by HintonBR »

I am sure that I used to get the My Study Notebook Bar when I went to the General Conference section of Lds.org and the Ensign, but I now no longer get it. What happened? I have tried in both Chrome and IE and don't see the bar. I am logged in when I am trying to get to it and I see it on the Scriptures pages. In poking through with Chrome's developer tools it appears that the div is just not in there. Anybody else having this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

HintonBR wrote: Anybody else having this problem?

Yes, I moved your post to be in the same thread as other reports of this problem. I have also confirmed that it is a problem everywhere except on scriptures pages. It doesn't seem to be related to the browser.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Tis a bug. We are working on it.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
drushlopez

Re: Study Notebook not working for Conference Talks, Lessons, etc

Post by drushlopez »

Still having this problem on 8/16/2015, has it been fixed yet?
drushlopez

Post by drushlopez »

and only in English does highlighting work on the Scriptures...my branch is Spanish-speaking so I need to prepare lessons in Spanish, and this notebook feature would be sooooo helpful in Spanish
mevans

Post by mevans »

drushlopez wrote:and only in English does highlighting work on the Scriptures...my branch is Spanish-speaking so I need to prepare lessons in Spanish, and this notebook feature would be sooooo helpful in Spanish
Study mode has only been implemented in English so far. We do not know when or if it will appear in other languages. From what we've been told, there's a lot of behind-the-scenes work on the content to prepare it for highlighting.
Sparr_Tru

Post by Sparr_Tru »

I'm having this problem in English in the scriptures (a post above indicates that it was working). It seems like it just started within the last week.
lindaharper

Post by lindaharper »

I too am having a problem. I love this feature and as a former seminary teacher have made it my yearly project to put notes and mark scriptures using the study notebook so they will appear into my e scriptures! However, this past week, (Friday Sept 11) I was working and went from one chapter to another chapter and the study notebook online did not come back up and I have not been able to access it since Friday (It is now Sunday). I would love some feedback as to why. I've tried to access from several different computers in the house. My previous notes are still appearing on my tablet and phone, thank goodness! This is a wonderful feature!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”