Correcting Sealing Errors

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
loveyalyn

Correcting Sealing Errors

Post by loveyalyn »

My step-mother was married once before marrying my father. My father and sealed to mother before she died. My father and step-mother were sealed. After my father died, my step-mother married again. She and her third husband were sealed after she received a sealing cancellation letter for her sealing to my father. On Family Search, it shows that my step-mother is still sealed to my father. Also, somebody else has sealed her to her first husband who is also sealed to his second wife. There is nothing recorded that shows she is sealed to her third husband who is still living. (He does not know where the sealing cancellation letter is located.) I have no idea how to go about rectifying these records. Is there a process I need to go through, paperwork I need to fill out, or somebody I can talk to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Correcting Sealing Errors

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as it's wrong. The deceased play by different rules than the living. It's acceptable to seal a woman to multiple husbands that she was married to in life. As how it all works out in the end, that will all be worked out later - perhaps in the final judgment.

If you want, you could indicate that the prior sealing was canceled in the notes of that sealing, but otherwise, I'd leave it alone.

Information about the living are not shown in FS, so no surprise about no information about her 3rd husband is on there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
loveyalyn

Re: Correcting Sealing Errors

Post by loveyalyn »

Thanks for the information. I will just "let sleeping dogs lie..."

Return to “General Discussions”