password recovery not available for Ward Clerk LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
alex135

password recovery not available for Ward Clerk LDS Account

Post by alex135 »

I have a problem with my Ward Clerks LDS Account and was able to retrieve the username by sending an email to the support team. Upon retrieving said username i was instructed to retrieve the password and when i made an attempt I got an error showing Online password recovery is not available for this account and then to contact the support again, I sent them an email about the problem in which they have directed me to call the Global Service Center. Upon calling Global Service Center I have become unsure about which category my problem would fall under
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: password recovery not available for Ward Clerk LDS Account

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible that certain accounts are blocked from using both user name and password resets without additional confirmation that the person is who they say they are. I can see a ward clerk forgetting their password, but both raises a question of if this is a hacking/social engineering thing going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alex135

Post by alex135 »

the problem here now is that there is no way that i can verify the owner since the phone number associated is no longer in use and retrieving the password for the email associated with said account uses the same number leaving me with no way to verify through those means. when he couldn't remember his username there have been many attempts to retrieve the username through those 3 ways, and they showed me the error for the mrn was incorrect or not in use
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is it possible that he never associated his MRN with his account? In that case, it would probably be easier to create a new account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alex135

Post by alex135 »

i did try to create a new account but i would get an error saying that its already in use
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Time to go back to the GSC. There's not much anyone here can do but point you in the right direction.

LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

Account Management (at the Global Service Center) can help troubleshoot the account to get log in. Once the account is recoverable, individuals are directed to go to ldsaccount.lds.org and sign in to update their account. They can verify their contact information is correct, as well as update password recover options (which usually aren't set up; hence, individuals are prompted that this option isn't available for the account) and set their security questions. Once everything is up-do-date, the account will function properly. However, to get the account unlocked and the password reset, if those options aren't available, individuals will need to have ward clerks or familysearch/employment missionaries call Account Management at the Global Service Center; we will then troubleshoot the account.

Return to “Church Account”