Calendar items can't always be edited

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
vetgmc

Calendar items can't always be edited

Post by vetgmc »

I find that about half the time when I try to edit a calendar item it will not open. Other times it opens and edits fine. I am an administrator on the calendar system and these un-editable items include items I have created. Usually the drop down box with hte item details opens OK, but the button to edit the item produces no repsonse. The delete button works.

Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar items can't always be edited

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try another computer or another browser just to see where the problem might be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
vetgmc

Post by vetgmc »

Thanks for that suggestion russellhltn. I had already tried Chrome and Firefox but I also tried IE just now and same result - no response to "Edit event details & location" button today.

:( :confused:
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are some events on different calendars – for example a ward calendar and a stake calendar?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
briansweeting

Post by briansweeting »

I'm having the same issue. I and others have run into certain events that can't be edited, only deleted. Here's a video. It's hard to tell I'm clicking on the "Edit event details & location" link, but I am. Tried it on multiple computers & various browsers with the same effect. http://cl.ly/cF8s
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

This problem might be one caused by users double-clicking on events instead of single clicking. Double clicking may cause the popup to not work and become disabled for that event. Refreshing the screen and single clicking should work. We are trying to make it work with double clicking too. If this isn't the problem, let me know.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager.
braqston

Post by braqston »

I am having the same problem, as is our Stake Center building scheduler. It is not due to double-clicking.
braqston

Post by braqston »

It seems to have to do with the church facility. If we have a church facility selected then we are unable to go back and edit the event UNLESS it is a recurring event, in which case we are able to edit it.
braqston

Post by braqston »

SOLUTION: To fix this,

1. Click the gear, and select 'Location and Rooms' from the dropdown.
2. Select the building from the left column.
3. Click 'Edit' in the main window.
4. Check 'This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes'.
5. Click 'Save'.

There is a bug that allows calendar administrators to schedule locations/rooms without this option checked.
Last edited by braqston on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
braqston

Post by braqston »

For one of our buildings, we are unable to save the building details after checking the 'This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes' box.

Return to “Calendar”