Need to change Non-Member name

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
maynard_narvin

Need to change Non-Member name

Post by maynard_narvin »

We've got a non-member spouse whose name, while listed correctly in MLS, is showing incorrectly in the LDS.org directory and Leader and Clerk resources. I've been tasked with getting that corrected but have been unsuccessful in figuring out how to update so that it is correct. :roll: How is this seemingly simple task done? :?
eblood66

Re: Need to change Non-Member name

Post by eblood66 »

Have you tried changing the name slightly in MLS, doing a send/receive and then changing it back and doing another send/receive? That may force it to send an update.

Alternatively you can request a unit data refresh in order to make MLS match LCR and then make the correction.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need to change Non-Member name

Post by russellhltn »

MLS allows a non-member record to be created. But that information stays in MLS and isn't transmitted anywhere. The information on lds.org comes from the member's marriage information. So that's what needs to be corrected. I'm not sure if that information can be edited in LCR or not.

If the member's spouse information appears correctly in MLS, then I'd suggest the tips given by eblood66 above.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”