Family Discovery Day website link not working

Discussions about other Church websites
swigginton

Family Discovery Day website link not working

Post by swigginton »

We are in the process of publicizing our upcoming Family Discovery Day event. All the publicity materials we received from SLC (posters, flyers, etc.), include the link:
www.lds.org/familydiscoveryday
to register for the event. However, this link is not working (404 error). We submitted feedback from the 404 error page a few days ago, but only got the automated response. Does someone monitor this forum who could track this down?

Thanks,
--Steve
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Family Discovery Day website link not working

Post by lajackson »

swigginton wrote:Does someone monitor this forum who could track this down?
No, sorry. But I just went to the site and it seems to be working just fine right now.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

lajackson wrote:
swigginton wrote:Does someone monitor this forum who could track this down?
No, sorry. But I just went to the site and it seems to be working just fine right now.
It's still not working here. Are you on a Church network? I understand that the link works from some Church facilities, but not externally.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That link's not working for me either. But a search turns up a number of other pages dealing with Family Discovery Day.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The link works for me on Safari, OS X Yosemite. I'm not on a Church network or anything.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Doesn't work for me. I wonder if there is a caching issue on the CDN where it is available on some CDN servers and not on others.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I don't know for sure where that link is supposed to take you, but the normal Family Discovery Day page is at:

https://www.lds.org/topics/family-histo ... scoveryday

I would guess that the shorter URL was just an easier way to get to that same page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I don't know for sure where that link is supposed to take you, but the normal Family Discovery Day page is at:

I would guess that the shorter URL was just an easier way to get to that same page.
But according to the OP, that's not what's on the posters. That's a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:I don't know for sure where that link is supposed to take you, but the normal Family Discovery Day page is at:

But according to the OP, that's not what's on the posters. That's a problem.
Understood; I never said it wasn't a problem. I was just trying to make sure people knew how to get to the information. If they only know about the shortcut URL, they may think the information isn't available at all.

However, it turns out that the shortcut link actually redirects to:

https://www.lds.org/topics/family-histo ... istory-day

which is different content from the page I first guessed might be the one.

The shortcut link is working for me just fine right now, but I'm accessing it from within the Church network, which could certainly be a factor.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

russellhltn wrote: But according to the OP, that's not what's on the posters. That's a problem.
Yes, that's the issue. We have posters in all buildings in the stake, have submitted a news article for publication in a local newspaper and will be distributing thousands of flyers over the next few weeks. All of these contain the non-functioning URL, which was provided on the promotional materials we received from SLC.

Return to “Other Websites”