Adding Sisters as Home Teaching companions to husband

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gordon9229

Adding Sisters as Home Teaching companions to husband

Post by gordon9229 »

In the home teaching area, of Leader and Clerk resources I am trying to add a Sister as a companion to her husband to home teach. As far as i can tell, it won't let me. Is there a way?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Adding Sisters as Home Teaching companions to husband

Post by scgallafent »

Click "Create new companionship" to create a new companionship
Click "Add new companion" and add the husband to the companionship
Click "Add new companion" and add the wife to the companionship
forest74

Post by forest74 »

How would I do that with out-of-unit members, when they are not on the branch's directory?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forest74 wrote:How would I do that with out-of-unit members, when they are not on the branch's directory?
Currently, out-of-unit members can't home teach. The handbook suggests that missionary can do it - when paired with a "in unit" companion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

forest74 wrote:How would I do that with out-of-unit members, when they are not on the branch's directory?
We are aware of the issue that affects care center branches due to out-of-unit home teachers. I have not heard how or when this will be addressed.
mevans

Post by mevans »

scgallafent wrote:
We are aware of the issue that affects care center branches due to out-of-unit home teachers. I have not heard how or when this will be addressed.
Hopefully there will be a solution. Here's an interesting twist on this: I can give an out-of-unit member a calling as a home teaching district supervisor (under callings); however, when I go to the Home Teaching app, he's not selectable as a supervisor in the drop-down list.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”