Record Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
amilton

Record Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination

Post by amilton »

The Stake Clerk PC has recently been updated with a new PC, new OS, etc.

This is first time to try and enter a Melchizedek Priesthood ordination since the upgrade. I am following the following instructions which have worked OK in the past with the old PC and OS.

MLS Procedures
On the MLS menu bar, click Membership. Click Ordinances. Click Record Priesthood Ordination. (For stakes recording Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations, on the MLS menu bar, click Membership. Click Individual Record.)
Note: Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations and certificates are usually recorded and prepared by the stake in MLS, rather than by the ward.
Type the name of the person receiving the ordination and press Enter, or find the name on the list and click OK. (For stakes recording Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations, on the left side of the screen, click Ordinances. In the Priesthood Ordinations area, click Add Ordination.)
Using information from the Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record, select the priesthood office the member was ordained to. Enter the date the ordination occurred.
If the person who performed the ordinance is a member of the ward, click the magnifying glass icon, and choose his name from the list that appears. If not, enter the information. Click Save.
Click Close. Click Save.
A window will appear asking if you would like to print a certificate. If you click Yes, you will be able to print the certificate.

I am now unable to find the "Add Ordination" selection, and therefore am unable to enter the ordination data.

Any direction and assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. Brother Milt Jensen, Stake Clerk, Duncan AZ Stake
drepouille

Re: Record Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination

Post by drepouille »

Since you are the stake clerk, may I assume you are an MLS administrator, or at least have Edit Membership privileges in MLS?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Go to the individual record.
On the left side, select "Ordnances".
You should see a section marked "Priesthood Ordinations". on the same line, on the far right should be a blue "Add Ordination" link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
amilton

Post by amilton »

drepouille// I am NOT the Administrator on the PC, but have had Edit privileges prior to this update of PC and OS. I personally did all the updates and transfer of files from the old PC to the new PC. As the Stake Clerk designated in MLS the login server a HQ has always provided the privilege of doing the membership updates required at the Stake level. That facility appears to have gone away.

russellhltn// That is the problem. The blue 'Add Ordination' selection is no longer available.

Thanks to both of you. Any other ideas? Does HQ Tech people monitor this forum and jump in when needed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

amilton wrote:drepouille// I am NOT the Administrator on the PC, but have had Edit privileges prior to this update of PC and OS.
Two thoughts:
  • It might have been moved to LCR. That's the only reason I can think of it being removed from MLS. But in other cases they leave a link with a note.
  • You don't have the necessary rights in MLS to do this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:You don't have the necessary rights in MLS to do this.
That is the question that must be answered. If you can login to MLS, click System Options, and find your account name in the list of MLS users, you can see exactly which MLS privileges you have. You must have the Edit Membership privilege.
amilton

Post by amilton »

Thanks again rdepouille and russellhltn.

OK. I will have to get the Stake President or the 2nd Counselor to open up the options and see what is listed. I do not have the Admin privilege for the PC. BUT, that is apparently where the problem lies. Why it changed with the upgrade; who knows!!!!! Computers. Can't live with them and can't live without them. Thanks again to both of you; for the prompt responses, etc. Have a great week.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Please don't confuse a Windows Administrator with an MLS Administrator. Totally different things.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just checked our stake system. The option is there as expected, so it hasn't been removed. So I think the issue is that for some reason you do not have the proper rights in MLS.

clfish

Post by clfish »

Ok, I am a new membership clerk and I have all the proper permissions for my calling, and I can not put new ordinations in LCR. Is this only available, still, in MLS? Thanks

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”