Calendar Events Print on the Wrong Day

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rscroggin

Calendar Events Print on the Wrong Day

Post by rscroggin »

I create an event and it displays on the correct day when looking at the actual calendar. However, when I create a PDF version to print that calendar some of the scheduled events appear on the day prior to the day they where scheduled on. For example, I added Fast Sunday to a first Sunday on the calendar. When I generated the PDF version the Fast Sunday appeared on the Saturday immediately before the Sunday it had been scheduled on. Looking back at the actual calendar the Fast Sunday was still on the correct day. The problem is not unique to weekends. Any ideas?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar Events Print on the Wrong Day

Post by lajackson »

rscroggin wrote:I create an event and it displays on the correct day when looking at the actual calendar. However, when I create a PDF version to print that calendar some of the scheduled events appear on the day prior to the day they where scheduled on.
Do these dates happen to fall after the Daylight Saving Time change the first Sunday in November? There is an insidious DST bug that causes this kind of behavior on displays, but I have not heard of it happening to printed PDFs before. It happens to all-day events, and the workaround is to assign a time to the event (which has other repercussions, as well).
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

The dates that got shifted happened during every month of the year. When you mentioned all-day events I took a closer look and it appears that the shifted events were all-day events.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rscroggin wrote:The dates that got shifted happened during every month of the year.
Does that include dates in August, September and October of 2015? Or only dates in and after November 2015?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

I just tried adding an all-day event in August 2015 and the same problem occurred. It got moved back one day.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All-day events can have another issue that affects even the main display, but I'm seeing the same thing. It doesn't appear to be DST related.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

This is something that just started happening recently. Wish I could tell you exactly when. I've never had any trouble with printing before.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Our stake council has a calendaring meeting each November. In November 2014, when I printed the 2015 calendar as a handout prior to the stake council meeting, several events (possibly all-day events) were printed on the previous day, even though they displayed correctly on the screen.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:In November 2014, when I printed the 2015 calendar as a handout prior to the stake council meeting, several events (possibly all-day events) were printed on the previous day, even though they displayed correctly on the screen.
That might be a DST bug. But this one is new. I'm seeing it affect all events, even ones on "this side" of the DST change.

Return to “Calendar”