Temple recommend status visible to ward council members

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mfmohlma

Temple recommend status visible to ward council members

Post by mfmohlma »

We recently had a change in our Relief Society presidency. After re-syncing her LDS Tools, the new presidency member came to me (the ward clerk) worried that somehow her temple recommend wasn't recorded correctly and indicated her LDS Tools told her it was expired. She showed me her phone and indeed it indicated "Expired" on her temple recommend. I looked it up on mine and it was recorded correctly and showed her so. We then explored her phone a bit more and noted that everyone's recommend was expired. ;)

It was fairly clear to me after this investigation that there is a bug "revealing" the temple recommend field, at least for an RS counselor, but that the data is not populated (hence the "expired" notation). Has anyone else seen this? Unfortunately, I did not get the version number she was running...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Temple recommend status visible to ward council members

Post by sbradshaw »

This bug was mentioned in a thread on the LDS Tools for iOS LDSTech project mailing list a little more than a week ago. It seems some people are experiencing the problem but others aren't. The issue was logged here (you can see and comment on the issue if you've joined the LDSTech project):
https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/MMIP-2138
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Thanks for the info. There's not an Apple device in this household so I probably won't be signing up on that side of the fence. ;)
karastucki

Post by karastucki »

I'm not sure how to join the ldstech project mentioned here, but is there a status on this bug? I know of several people, including myself, who are seeing expired under the temple recommend status, but we have verified with the stake clerk that it is still valid.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”