Print Entire Stake Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
smconvey

Print Entire Stake Directory

Post by smconvey »

Is this possible for a typical stake member?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Print Entire Stake Directory

Post by russellhltn »

I think you can do that, at least by parts, keeping in mind a couple of limitations: they can't see children in other wards and they won't be able to see anyone who has their privacy set to anything but "stake". (OK, anyone in other wards that are not set to stake, and no one in their ward that is set to "leader only".)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

I don't see a way to do it for the entire stake membership, for those whose data is stake visible. Here's an example of what is desired:
Stake Directory - Printed.png
(53.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The typical member would have whatever is in the directory. Neither exports nor LCR isn't available to them. But then again, why would a "typical member" be doing that?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A stake presidency member or stake clerk can view or print a directory of all stake members at the Member List on Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

I'm an assistant ward clerk and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. Is it possible for a ward clerk or assistant ward clerk to print out a directory of general stake membership?

I tried both CDOL and LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think Ward clerk gives enough rights with respect to youth and privacy settings for members in other wards.

johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Has anyone asked WHY?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:Has anyone asked WHY?
As in why is a Ward Clerk being tasked to print a Stake directory? Good question.

If it's for members of the ward, they shouldn't be able to see youth or members who desire privacy either.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

From 2005 until the replacement of LUWS with the new lds.org Directory, I was the stake executive secretary, and I printed a stake directory every year. I generated a list of households from each ward using LUWS, then copied each list from my browser into a Word document. Each ward directory was a child of the master Word document that I used to print the final directory (to a PDF).
When LUWS was replaced by the new Directory, I could not figure out how to do the same copy/paste trick. I don't believe the "export households" existed then. So I simply told the stake presidency it was too hard to generate a printed stake directory, and they simply told the bishoprics to encourage all their members to use the new Directory on lds.org, or LDS Tools, to lookup members and leaders in the stake. I think it has saved us a little money over the years.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”