Member access to online donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
joeydef

Member access to online donations

Post by joeydef »

Hi,

Our unit recently gained access to make donations online. I have done it personally, and I know other members in my ward can access it as well. However, one member (that I know of) cannot access the donations page. I watched her log in to the website, but she got a notice saying that it is not yet available in her unit. I checked MLS and can see that she is indeed assigned to our ward. Any ideas as to how this could happen or how to fix it so she can make donations online?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member access to online donations

Post by russellhltn »

Is it possible that she is not a member of your ward, but an out-of-unit member?

Sometimes MLS gets out of sync. Check LCR or the directory to see she's in the ward.

Have her go to ldsaccount.lds.org and verifyed that the MRN on her account is the same MRN that you show as being in your ward. Another way of testing that would be for her to try and access the calendar or directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you check everything russellhltn mentioned and confirm that your ward does indeed have her membership record, and if that does not solve the problem, have her clear her cookies. If clearing cookies solves the problem, please be sure to mention that back here at the Forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:have her clear her cookies.
Or try Ctrl-F5.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Or try Ctrl-F5.
Just curious. Does that actually clear or ignore the cookie?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Just curious. Does that actually clear or ignore the cookie?
I'm not sure as it does anything with the cookies, but generally ctrl-F5 will bypass the cached copy of things.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Thanks. The reason I ask is that if you have tried to go to Donations, there is a cookie on your computer. It may not matter, but it is also possible that the cookie needs to be cleared or updated before you will be able to access Donations when it becomes available.

Then again, that may have nothing to do with anything at all.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:The reason I ask is that if you have tried to go to Donations, there is a cookie on your computer. It may not matter, but it is also possible that the cookie needs to be cleared or updated before you will be able to access Donations when it becomes available.

Then again, that may have nothing to do with anything at all.
From my personal experience, I doubt that clearing a cookie has anything to do with it. One day I had no access to Donations (but I had tried multiple times to access it). A few days later I tried again and I had access. I had not cleared any of my cookies between the time I had no access and the time I finally did have access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One question - when does the cookie expire? That could play a role in this.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Did she move into the ward just recently?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Online Donations”