Updating CDOL from LCR

Discussions about other Church websites
simonawright

Updating CDOL from LCR

Post by simonawright »

Does anyone know how frequently CDOL picks up info from LCR?

My Bishop changed his address on the directory and this shows correctly everywhere except CDOL. I assumed it was because his calling was entered via the Stake and so I looked on LCR and it still had his old address when I went to edit his calling.

I changed his address to his new address. When I look on CDOL now he has a residential address that is where he used to live and a mailing address for his new house. LCR didn't give me an option for a home or mailing address.

I am assuming that this is just an issue with the frequency of updates to CDOL, what do you think?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Updating CDOL from LCR

Post by jdlessley »

simonawright wrote:Does anyone know how frequently CDOL picks up info from LCR?

My Bishop changed his address on the directory and this shows correctly everywhere except CDOL. I assumed it was because his calling was entered via the Stake and so I looked on LCR and it still had his old address when I went to edit his calling.

I changed his address to his new address. When I look on CDOL now he has a residential address that is where he used to live and a mailing address for his new house. LCR didn't give me an option for a home or mailing address.

I am assuming that this is just an issue with the frequency of updates to CDOL, what do you think?
CDOL updates within seconds of changes being made in LCR. Changes to tier 1 positions are made by the stake. The Bishop can also go into CDOL and update his contact information there directly.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

We both tried updating CDOL and it came up with an error for both of us when we tried to save the changes.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Did the address change on his membership record? If not, the change did not flow through the system to CDOL and MLS and the developers need to know about it.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

I know that his address made it to the directory and lds tools, I don't know about MLS. I must admit I was surprised that the option for a residential and mailing address wasn't available on LCR, the change I made seemed to be a mailing address on CDOL, not the residential address.

I have emailed the GSC with the details and asked them to look into it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You might also try sending feedback on Leader and Clerk Resources using the Feedback link by the bottom right of the page.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

You might also try sending feedback on Leader and Clerk Resources using the Feedback link by the bottom right of the page.
Will do, Thank you
CraigGWoods

Post by CraigGWoods »

I have update my address on LCR I am membership clerk for my ward and CDOL doesnt show it at all. I cant edit it at all on cdol what i can do on this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CraigGWoods wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:53 am I have update my address on LCR I am membership clerk for my ward and CDOL doesnt show it at all.
How long did you wait?

If it's not showing after a couple of days, you'll probably have to call GSD. I'm not seeing any edit function in CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Per this thread from last February
Bishop home number incorrect
it seems that as russellhltn suggested, you will need to call GSD. And as mentioned in that thread, I continue to be perplexed that it seems the Church has not communicated anything to leaders about the fact that updates made in LCR, will not appear for those leaders in CDOL, unless they specifically call GSD.

Perhaps there is a FAQ or other help doc that discusses this, I'm definitely not aware of a lot of those items.

Return to “Other Websites”