create/edit/run custom reports from home

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jworth1

create/edit/run custom reports from home

Post by jworth1 »

With MLS evolving into a tool that we can use and edit from home, is there any plans on being able to create, edit and run custom reports from home also?

That is a huge asset for us to be able to generate a specific kind of report.

Thanks

Jeff Worthington
eblood66

Re: create/edit/run custom reports from home

Post by eblood66 »

Nothing has been announced at this time about any future features for LCR. I wouldn't be surprised if custom reports are supported eventually but it's anybody's guess when. There are still a number of membership related features that are in MLS that haven't been added to LCR as well as all the finance features. I have no idea where custom reports fits on the priority list against those other features (assuming it is on the roadmap--which we don't know).
jworth1

Post by jworth1 »

Hopefully, someone from church hq will post an answer to my question..

Jeff
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jworth1 wrote:Hopefully, someone from church hq will post an answer to my question.
It would be the unusual exception for that to happen. The developers work based on requirements that come to them from the Priesthood Department. Although some visit the Forum occasionally, and even participate (for which we are very grateful), there is no guarantee that they will even see a particular post here.

New features come when they come. We rarely know in advance when that will be, or even if a feature is under consideration. There are only a few rare exceptions.

Custom reports have been wonderful in MLS, and I, for one, hope there will be a way to create them now that most of the membership functions are online at LCR. If you feel strongly about it, I would suggest you provide Feedback at the LDS.org site. Although we don't always receive timely response to Feedback, suggestions provided that way do get to the developers quickly and are considered by those who make the software decisions that would provide the guidance and instruction to begin implementing those suggestions.
jworth1

Post by jworth1 »

I will and have done that with no reponse yet.

Thanks for your suggestion
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:New features come when they come.
Words to live by. For now, they don't exist. Plan accordingly and be pleasantly surprised when they do appear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Feedback is reviewed, but you're not guaranteed a response. The product managers are aware of the requests for custom reports.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”