Error message

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sscenter

Error message

Post by sscenter »

The ward clerk in one of the wards in my stake just got an error message that states, "there was an error processing calling updates. Contact your stake clerk for assistance." I am not sure what I am to do to rectify this situation. I am the assistant stake clerk the stake clerk is out of the area for a couple weeks. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error message

Post by russellhltn »

Was this in MLS, LCR or something else?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sscenter

Post by sscenter »

It was in MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

First, I'd make sure that MLS is at 3.8.1. Then I think I'd do a Unit Data Refresh.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Step 1: Have the ward clerk check for long class names (>40 characters). We had an issue reported today where a long class name was causing problems. We're working on an MLS update to address that. MLS should be patched shortly to handle these.

Step 2: After fixing long class names, if necessary, try a unit data refresh and then transmit a half dozen times, waiting a few minutes between each transmission. If the problem persists, you'll need to contact the Global Service Center.

There are some situations where updates from LCR are not transmitted to MLS or MLS can't reconcile class assignment or calling data. When MLS detects one of these situations, it requests a refresh to resolve the issue. That message indicates that MLS has tried several times to resolve one of these situations and hasn't been able to reconcile the discrepancies. It's basically the equivalent of "I can't figure it out, so you'd better get someone to look at it."

The second step (refresh and transmit several times to see if the error is gone) runs it through a full cycle of attempts.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I took a look at this this morning and it looks like it is an issue with a class name. Have the ward clerk use LCR to change the name of "Course 14, Course 15, Course 16, Course 17" to something a little shorter and then request a CDOL refresh from MLS.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The fix for this was deployed today as a patch to MLS 3.8.1.

Return to “Membership Help”