Meeting time does not update on lds.org

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bkrawlings

Meeting time does not update on lds.org

Post by bkrawlings »

It has been over a week since I updated the meeting time in MLS under System Options and the time is not showing up on LDS Tools or lds.org. Please help me figure out how to get everything updated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Meeting time does not update on lds.org

Post by russellhltn »

You could try making another change and doing a send/receive to see if that brings things into sync. Otherwise, I think you're going to have to call support.

Many years ago, this would break and not be discovered until the end of the year. Perhaps the developers would consider this in the next round of moving functions to the web. I don't think the information serves any purpose in MLS. It's only there because way back when, MLS was the only data-entry system available to local units. That's certainly not the case anymore. Moving that function to the web would seem to simplify things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:Many years ago, this would break and not be discovered until the end of the year. Perhaps the developers would consider this in the next round of moving functions to the web. I don't think the information serves any purpose in MLS. It's only there because way back when, MLS was the only data-entry system available to local units. That's certainly not the case anymore. Moving that function to the web would seem to simplify things.
It is on the list. I think it is being worked on now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:It is on the list. I think it is being worked on now.
Good to know. Any suggestions for the OP?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:It is on the list. I think it is being worked on now.
Good to know. Any suggestions for the OP?
I am researching it right now. I'll let you know what I find out. I did see that the new ward that was created in my stake doesn't have the meeting times listed either. I think there might be a bug in CDOL with meeting times updates when then don't already exist.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just yesterday we created a new branch in my stake, so there's another test case for you - once we get the computer and MLS set up.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jonesrk wrote:
bkrawlings wrote:It has been over a week since I updated the meeting time in MLS under System Options and the time is not showing up on LDS Tools or lds.org. Please help me figure out how to get everything updated.
I am researching it right now. I'll let you know what I find out. I did see that the new ward that was created in my stake doesn't have the meeting times listed either. I think there might be a bug in CDOL with meeting times updates when then don't already exist.
There is a bug in CDOL. It has been fixed and is being tested now. I'll let you know when it has been released.

I have updated your meeting times to match what MLS sent up.
gregseppi

Post by gregseppi »

Just wanted to add a note that the meeting time bug is still in effect. My bishop changed my ward's meeting time to 11:00 AM last week, but the time in Meetinghouse Locator has not changed yet.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

gregseppi wrote:Just wanted to add a note that the meeting time bug is still in effect. My bishop changed my ward's meeting time to 11:00 AM last week, but the time in Meetinghouse Locator has not changed yet.
If it still hasn't changed then that is a different bug. In your case the change made it into CDOL which is the first step (and what was failing for others).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The changes didn't make it to CDOL for our new unit. I'll have to go back and see if maybe I didn't do a S/R after inputting it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”